* Outsourcing customer service?

Does anyone outsource their customer service abroad (email/phone support)?

Or, since I know many WHT members are already abroad, what companies do you use?

Thanks!

There are alot of threads about this already. Try searching you will find alot of info about this subject.

outsourceing is good for people that are just starting out, most people that just start out can not provide 24/7 support but outsourceing will give them that option at a price thay can afford

Okay, thanks. Sorry about that.

is this really an option? just curious cause i want my sons generations etc. to /// yea you get the point

anyways

pretty please...... cause your computers already on anyways
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

No problem . Just remember to try the search next time. It helps to decrease the number of threads with the same topic.

Originally posted by RBooth
    outsourceing is good for people that are just starting out, most people that just start out can not provide 24/7 support but outsourceing will give them that option at a price thay can afford
    I think on the contraire. That is when they should be doing the support themselves as the load ain't heavy but most importantly they need to learn the ins and outs of support and tech work for themselves. There's a lot to learn especially if you have your own servers. The experience is gold.

Companies outsource their customer service to have true 24-7 support. Most of the time it is 24-7 chat support rather than phone support

companies providing good support

www.tripodsupport.com
    www.bobcares.com
    www.touchsupport.com
    "Web Hosting is not just about selling space, it is about facilitating customers needs with your plans and supporting the customer for a long lasting mutually beneficial relationship."- Yaser

I would go with Touch Support. The other two are Indian outsourced, from what I understand. Bobcares, in particular, made the mistake of threatening to hack/backdoor one of their customers here on WHT.

Tripod support is my first choice and Touch Support second.

The reason that differentiates Touck Support is because they are totally US run so people have a relief knowing that English is their first language and wont make any spelling or grammatical mistakes, but hey Tripod is fine too.!
    "Web Hosting is not just about selling space, it is about facilitating customers needs with your plans and supporting the customer for a long lasting mutually beneficial relationship."- Yaser

I would have to go with Touch Support,

Taylor over there is a big help and friendly. (what you want in support)

I recommend http://rootsupport.com - they have been working with us for a while at hometownhosting.com doing server admininstration and they have gone way beyond the call of duty. They are by far the best for the price. I HIGHLY recommend them.
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

How long is a while? It looks like that domain is only a month old.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

I do believe that they split the company apart or something...
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

I have a question if you use them for the help desk
    How do they know how to answer problems with the server?
    if it's a plesk bug or the server HD failed... or some bug.

or do you actually pay for server administrator + help desk in the deal?

I have worked with several 3rd party support companies and frankly, none have come close to matching the quality level set by Touch Support. Highly recommended.

They setup an account on your server and some sort of monitoring of the server. you pay them for being 24-7 online from your site and respond to email and chat queries.

Your answers would be better answered by niyogi PM him and he will let you know for tripod and for touch support, well the guy posted on first page, so ask them