* What do you like and dislike about your home country???

Hi,

What are things that you love about your country and what are the ones you hate or dislike?

Should be an interesting thread...

I like our freedom. I dislike the people that give other countries something to insult us over. I'm American by the way.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

I am a New Zealander. I like my countries natural environment but it is so politically correct and my government incompetent I can't help thinking about leaving ASAP.

I love the fact that we can travel to so many parts of our country and see so many different cultures here. I am very big on embracing all cultures, and am very fond of the Asian culture, from the food, to the traditions to the clothing to the living arrangements.

When my fiancee and I get our own house, every room will be represented by one country or era in the world... such as a Greek Bathroom, an African Living room, a French Kitchen (Might be Italian, I gotta have a kick butt kitchen so I can cook!), a Japanese Dining Room, etc. You get my general idea.

Oh yes, another Red neck, red blooded American here too!
    Douglas Hazard - Certifiable Sports Junkie and Sports Community Enthusiast

Host of Two Cents Radio - Follow @TwoCentsRadio on Twitter (@BearlyDoug on Twitter)

I like the natural environment too and womens, I'm sure that we have the best looking womens of the worlds
    I hate the corruption on the goverment, and the selfishness of the people, among other things. There are a lot of things that I disklike about my country, but, those two are the main.

BTW, I'm from Argentina
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

there are so many things...that i like and dislike that can't even think of few to list...

the country itself very beautiful..nothern pakistan
    so many different cultures, ppl, languages...so much respect for the other ppl these are few things i like along with many other things..

I dislike the ppl who keep using our culture and religion for all the wrong things...curruption in the gov't which causes so many other problems...they keep putting billions in their accounts while schools don't even have money to buy books etc.

Canada. I like the Hockey, Beer, Freedom and Woman

I dislike the Government, and how the Eastern side of the country alienates the Western side (we have very little say or impact in anything, which is why a seperatist party even exists).

I also dislike Quebec, and how Canada is still somehow tied in with the british monarchy. I mean, the queen visits us like once every million years when the planets align (hehe), and it still would get like 4th spot on the news behind the couple that didn't know they had to romp to make babies .
    Last edited by pixd; 05-21-2004 at 02:40 AM.

About 90% of the posters hate their government..lol

I'm American.

I like our freedoms, standard of living and the fact that the vast majority of us are good, caring, decent, and generous people. I like that we have great natural resources that allow us the ability to farm for the products we need, many other countries have much more difficulty in that area and I think that's a big part of what allows us to have the standard of living we do.

I dislike that, generally speaking, we seem to embrace violent content in our entertainment but get all weirded out about sexual content. I dislike that "politically correctness" has gotten totally out of hand. I dislike the fact that we are, in general, quite geographically and language impaired (educationally) in comparison to other parts of the world.

I don't hate our government, even when I don't particularly like the people running it or how they are running things. Even though we don't have a perfect system, and don't have perfect people everywhere within that system, I don't know of any other type of government that is better.

It isn't perfect, but I'm happy I live here.

I'm Irish, and my likes/dislikes about EIRE are;

Friendliness
    The cities and town's(Dublin, and Galway top the list)
    The countryside
    Saturday afternoon's, watching the game(s)
    The great schooling, and facilities.
    Everything else, unless it's listed below.

Dislikes:
    The blatantly obvious; constant political struggles, and constant battling between North, and south.

I dislike that "I'm Irish" is met with snide comments by most surrounding/neighbouring countries pertaining to the IRA.

I dislike that Ireland is too small of a country. (I also live in Canada - very, very big country)

Simon
    EIRCA Ltd, home of The Genius Network.

The land, the people and the nature are wonderful in all parts of the world.

Just get out of the city and dont listen to the politicians

Scotland:

Like - no nonsence attitude
    - great universities
    - friendly people ;-)
    - our football team have better supporters than players
    - we spread all over the world (always bump into fellow scots)

Dislike - shortbread
    - hokey kilts
    - midges
    - the rain
    - all the highlander bull (most of us live in the central belt)
    - did I say the rain
    - our football team are crap
    - we spread all over the world (can never get away from fellow scots)

Originally posted by Fatty

- our football team have better supporters than players
    Very true.

The tartan army is (in?)famous for it's supporters. It's the same situation with our national team right now. Our supporters are awesome, our team is.. well not so much.

Simon
    EIRCA Ltd, home of The Genius Network.

Likes - beautiful landscape, friendly people, low cost (yet high standard) of living, generally reasonable laws, laid back attitudes, reputation (ie who hates Canada? )

Dislikes - over dependence on US trade, high tax, electoral system, wasteful government
    -Chris
    "There are 10 kinds of people; those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Hiccups...you said it so perfectly that even with all my verbose, opionated, sometimes laughing, sometimes grinding text...

...I could never have said it so well. I remain humbly silent.
    Each One Teach One~eduhosting.org
    Financial Software, Video Production
    Graphic Design, Free PC Labs 4 Kids. Start one in your town. It's a BLAST!

no indians? wow... i am a pakistani and glad to see a paki commenting here. but no indian??? give me a break. you will have to offer 1 cent for such a survey, then you will see indians flooding into this thread saying, india is greatest

Like:
    The Freedom on which our country was founded.

Dislike:
    What the GOP, NRA, Christian Coalition and various other "Right" sects have made the Republican Party.

Dislike: Government

From England

Originally posted by Fatty

Dislike -
    - midges
    What is/are those?

Originally posted by Matt
    What is/are those?
    http://www.uky.edu/Agriculture/Entom...ruct/ef632.htm Nasty li'l buggers...
    You've got to accentuate the positive; Eliminate the negative
    Latch on to the affirmative; Don't mess with Mister In-Between

-Bob

Im American

I like-

The way that I have the freedom of speech, and the right to believe what I want.

- I like the land

- I like the military

- I like the republicans in the government to keep everything "down to earth"

I disklike-

I dislike the liberal people who are agianst everything with order and rule.

I dislike the fact that aliens (especially coming from the mexican boarder) are allowed to go to my school for free, receive free food on my behalf, get jobs, are allowed to get health care.

I dislike the anti government people who try to blame everything on Bush without looking at the whole picture, seeing the problems which arised from the Clinton administration.

I dislike the fact you can say black power in school and no problems, but white power you get suspended for.

i dislike the over all anti-white movement in the media and by the minorities.

Over all I like America, if I was president the boarders would be closed and a few other things, such as desegragation would be changed.

Originally posted by Cloudmaster
    Good call

Originally posted by UH-Ya
    I dislike the fact you can say black power in school and no problems, but white power you get suspended for.

i dislike the over all anti-white movement in the media and by the minorities.

Over all I like America, if I was president the boarders would be closed and a few other things, such as desegragation would be changed.
    So basically you're saying that you support segregation of the races? And go figure, you're Republican!

I'll just go to the back of the bus where I belong now...

EDIT: After having read previous posts made by you on these boards, I feel that grouping your mentality with all republicans is just plain wrong, even if just implied and not outright, I apologize. You sir, are just a straight racist pig, and seemingly proud of it.
    Last edited by dthigpen; 05-25-2004 at 04:11 PM.

yes, I do support segregation of races, the reason is that students learn better with out having to feel any tention. As long as there seperated but equal then there would be no problems.

It has no connection to me being a Republican so dont even try to bring that in.

And I have freedom of speech so I have the right to believe and speak that way.

London, UK.

::: Likes :::

Weather (even though some of you are shocked) as we get a
    good variety and TOO hot or cold which is good .

Transport : Quite easy to travel on tubes and stuff ... Im not a frequent traveller so hence the like. Im sure all of you who go on often hate it :p

People : You get $!"$ everywhere in this world , some may argue you get more here lol But generally the people are not crafty and are upfront.

How stuff works : Just generally like how the supermarkets work and how everything is "systematic".

::: Dislikes :::

Driving tests : Theyre unrealistic

Some rules : My road has a 40mph speed limit on it and its got houses on both sides and isnt a main road. The main road off my road is 30 and people do atleast 60 on that as its the main road. Makes me wonder who makes up some stupid rules.

Winters : Ok I said I like the weather but it really does get DULL here in the UK quick in winters and thats just DEPRESSING !!!

Price of petrol : TOOOOOOOOOO HIGHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're getting robbed day and night.

Nova Drivers : pee me off lol

Originally posted by UH-Ya
    yes, I do support segregation of races, the reason is that students learn better with out having to feel any tention. As long as there seperated but equal then there would be no problems.
    Why would there be 'tention' in a classroom that had people with different levels of melanin in their systems? While you're at it, you should go ahead and segregate all females, males, ugly people, pretty people, disabled, stupid, and intellectually superior people... Oh, and most importantly, all racists... Alternatively, you could just segregate all the racists and I'm sure that everyone would be happy then, right?

haha excellent reply dthigpen ...

People that are stupid, and on the other hand extremely smart are segrageted into special classes, such as honors, or basic ed.

Uh-No : They arent segregated, they are filtered. No one makes them go into different levels of education ... they are filtered by what they can do comfortably.

American - I love the good old kick a$$ we can over come anything attitude with a sense of patriotism that seems to be naturally breed into all of us. That is why we have come so far.
    - THE Server Kid -

Lets try and keep this thread going... but lets put it back on topic or its going to have to be closed, and you know that just spoils everyones fun!!

www.24y.co.uk - Fast Professional UK Web Hosting

oh, and btw...that segregation post... well, i dont even have to waste the time posting about that. nuff' said ( by the way bud segregation ended a good ...50 years ago ? ) I go to a school where international students come from abroad...a boarding military school, and I will say right now there is not any color line, or sense of segregation. And that is the beauty of america, we are a " melting pot " of cultures.
    - THE Server Kid -

UH-Ya,

I am extremely disappointed by your racist comments. It seems that you are indirectly saying that white skin is superior to black and brown.

England:

Like-------

The lack of guns.

The sense of humour, a lot of us have a dark/sarcastic/ironic sense of humour which a lot of other nations seem to miss

People - friendly and helpful to each other

History - we have so much for such a small land

NHS

Dislikes -----------

Prices of just about everything it's so expensive here

The inordinate amount of children who form small gangs and walk about all the time trying to mug people or just cause trouble in general. You can spot them a mile off they have all adidas/nike clothing on and are about 14.

I love England

Andrew
    NetHosted - UK based hosting solutions.

* SINGAPORE *

- love the safe environment - no worries about my daughter walking down the street 2 am in the morning

- decent healthcare without having to rob a bank

- a sandy beach within 30 mins drive in any direction

- Food: choose Chinese, Indian, French, Italian, Indonesian, fusion whatever (sometimes all under one roof !)

- dirt low prices for electronic products including computer stuff

X - hate the pace of life

X - the cost of owning a car (highest in the world, perhaps)

X - pro-government newspapers (almost all)

Re: What do you like and dislike about your home country???

Originally posted by ForumsAddict
    What are things that you love about your country and what are the ones you hate or dislike?
    I'm from Australia.

Dislikes -

(1). Extremely high taxation. - Not only does the theiving government hit us all with 10% GST on practically everything, but they have a flippin stamp duty or levy on everything else too. We just bought a $180k block of land, and the theiving government got $5k in "stamp duty". The government's taxation revenues have gone through the roof. They are nothing more than theiving dogs. With the record taxation revenues, you'd think they could fix the public hospital system, but that's in dire straights too.

Likes -

(2). Great lifestyle and freedoms. - We have a great climate in Aussie, and one of the most stable economic and political (even with all the political crap that goes on ) countries in the world. Aussies generally enjoy a good standard of living and generally speaking we have excellent roads and general infrastructure etc. We're also sport mad, so that helps.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!