Where can I learn about MX Records?

Hello,

I'd like to request of anyone out there to please supply me with any links to where I can learn about MX records.

Why would you want to and why do you need to change MX records for a domain. Just some general information and maybe some practical examples.

Thanks all.

MX stands for Mail Exchanger, it's the record that tells other machines where to send the mail for a domain.

A Google search for 'MX records' brings up 527,000 links. Grab some popcorn and soda!

Joe

Well, I was hoping someone may know of a site or two with a good "quick study" of the topic. I am quite well aware of how to use Google.

BTW, "Wise Guy" brings up around 1,140,000 links.

hi exRoadie.

Unfortunately I can't post the URL, but if you run a Google search for "MX record", you will probably get a list that includes a site tilted "Oversimplified DNS - MX (E-mail SMTP server) record". This person seems to have a grip on how to write in English. Even I could understand it. It's a good start anyway. Good luck boss.
    - hostingPete

Originally posted by exRoadie
    Well, I was hoping someone may know of a site or two with a good "quick study" of the topic. I am quite well aware of how to use Google.

BTW, "Wise Guy" brings up around 1,140,000 links.
    Hi,

It might have taken very less less time to get this link (Even less time than you have taken to type this reply) if you are smart enough.

http://www.han.com/dns.html

Cheers,

-Devil.

Thanks you guys.

I was just getting bogged down in too much heavy detail with practically all the resources I investigated on MX records. I was needing some simpler, more elementary info on this. Like I said "practical examples."

Thanks guys, good stuff . I have saved the links and will attempt to sharpen my mind and bend the old learning curve.

Thanks hostingpete and devilbala.