Surpass Hosting / Host Dime ---- WHAT HAPPENED?

Yesterday I tired accessing and i was given a "page cannot be disaplayed" message.... same thing happened with and

The sites ping fine @ 18ms, but HTTP appears down... is it just me, or ihas their whole network been down for at least 24 hours...................................
    chris -at-

Works fine

why wouldn't I be able to view it........... I can view every other site fine
    chris -at-

I tired accessing the site via the IP address ( nothing........ so it's defiantely not a DNS error, I even logged onto my other computer, same problem
    chris -at-

works fine here, the IP says no site configed at this address, maybe flush your dns cache?
    Excell Hosting
    Budget Hosting

Lynbrook, New York
    It might be your own isp thats having problems, both hosting companies have their apache web server down, or you just need to flush your dns.
    Sang P. Ma
    President/VizHost.Com, Inc.

yesterday i was there two or three times and worked fine for me

Anyone else using Comcast as their ISP???

cause... I flushed my dns, restarted the computer, and waiting yet another 24hrs.... their site is still non-existant....

maybe a network node is down in the WASH DC area?
    chris -at-

I'm on Comcast and the Surpass site has worked fine for me these last couple days.

Reply from bytes=32 time=79ms TTL=49
    Reply from bytes=32 time=69ms TTL=49
    Reply from bytes=32 time=68ms TTL=49
    Reply from bytes=32 time=69ms TTL=49

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss)
    Works fine for me too. It's an error with your ISP, which is most likely isolated to your service area. You can try calling up Comcast to see what's wrong.
    Last edited by pixd; 05-21-2004 at 02:58 PM.

well after research, and a collection of emails, the problem was isolated:

It turns out they blocked the Comcast IP range for my area... apparently someone who lives near me enjoys hacking webpages, the problem was resolved and now surpass websites ARE visible....
    chris -at-