Phone Verification Trouble

We received 2 dedicated server orders today, but not the most expensive packages (it was a low end server with windows). As usual, we tried to verify the orders by phone.

However, both phone numbers came back with a "not in service" message. Both were in the US, however, we are in Canada.

The orders also came from an AOL proxy with aol.com emails.

I traced both phone numbers http://decoder.americom.com/decoderscript and the both went to the city which they used to sign up with.

Anybody have any suggestions?

If anyone lives in the US and would be willing to check if these numbers are in fact not in service, please PM me.
    ии Repeat after me... ProSupport is the best... Prosupport is... ии
    ProSupport Host Support System - OUT NOW! Grab a copy yourself and see what the hype is about!
    VertiHost Inc. - We run a quality business. Do you?

If you can't verify a phone number with a call, then hold the order until the client contacts you.

If someone can't type in their phone number correctly on an order form to allow you to verify an order, treat it as "very suspicious".
    Hosting.Express | Affordable Web and Email Hosting
    Shared | Reseller | 24/7 Support | NSA Free
    SPECIAL OFFER - domain name, email and cPanel web hosting = $3.73 per month | Contact Us: 1-800-861-1888

I can remember one such incident where a client signed up for a dedicated server, same country, city, even street name. Turns out it was a fraud order that was sent in from an appartment in the same building.

The general rule of thumb is, if a client is purchasing a pretty expensive item, and they can't even type in their phone number correctly, always keep it on hold.
    I've also found fraudsters hate using the phone to verify an order - if you don't hear back from them in a week - consider it a fraud order and move on.
    A legit order will always phone the same or next day and ask where the account information is. You can then explain the situation, and the incorrect phone number problem. Clients understand the fraud screen process.
    Hosting.Express | Affordable Web and Email Hosting
    Shared | Reseller | 24/7 Support | NSA Free
    SPECIAL OFFER - domain name, email and cPanel web hosting = $3.73 per month | Contact Us: 1-800-861-1888

I guess we will have to do that and wait then.
    ии Repeat after me... ProSupport is the best... Prosupport is... ии
    ProSupport Host Support System - OUT NOW! Grab a copy yourself and see what the hype is about!
    VertiHost Inc. - We run a quality business. Do you?

I'd send them an e-mail before waiting for them to contact you.
    Advanced Forum Hosting
    http://www.boardnation.com
    Easily build a community today!

I would think try your best to contact them but hold back from setup until CASH is in your hands. Better be safe than sorry nowadays.

Like daveman said, even i would contact them and ask them for their phone number, and if it looks very suspicious then i would ask them to fax me their cc copy.
    "Web Hosting is not just about selling space, it is about facilitating customers needs with your plans and supporting the customer for a long lasting mutually beneficial relationship."- Yaser