Hybrid View

Looking for host with these requirements...

Hi - I'm looking at moving my webpages that are on my ISP's server. I also want to start a blog, and have the flexibility to play with things like bulletin board creation.

*I need a host that will accept frontpage extensions.
    *I want to be able to post either wordpress or textpattern blogs (haven't decided which yet).
    *I want to be able to create a bulletin board at some point.
    *I'd also like the host to be on the cheaper end. $60 a year is about the maximum for me.

Is there anything that fits my bill, but is also reliable? I don't want to get screwed over if it means paying $5 or $10 more for that pretty great host.

Also I want a host that's not going to drop off the face of the earth next year.

Yeesh, picking out an email provider is much easier than picking out a webhost...if you need email help drop on over to emaildiscussions.com and I'll help you over there!

Thanks!

P4HOST.COM -- Specialize in quality Web Hosting solutions.
    Affordable -- Prices are very comparative
    Reliable -- Very low load average guaranteed. 60 day money back. Fast Support --Support Forum -- Providing hosting since 2003

Oh thanks - I like the FindMyHosting site.

yeah,

findmyhosting.com is good for reseraching hosts also.

Take care.

I'd also like the host to be on the cheaper end. $60 a year is about the maximum for me.
    It really depends on what your needs in terms of space/bandwidth are. A good rule of thumb is 1$+/gb of data transfer, as it increases the chances of getting good service... You know, you have to pay for what you get, it's just natural...

Good luck with your search!
    Last edited by ldcdc; 05-20-2004 at 06:47 PM.

Yes, make sure that they have honest & friendly support & make sure they have great uptime !

Regards,
    Shawn

<<<Signature to be setup in your profile>>>
    Last edited by choon; 05-22-2004 at 04:34 PM.

60.00/year = 5.00/month. For 5.00 per month you'll find plenty of hosts willing to host you - but as mentioned, you really need to decide how much space / bandwidth you're going to need. Because 5.00/m wont buy you much of either.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

Yes I don't know how much bandwidth I'm going to need yet. I've no idea. I suppose I'll start out small, then if I need more later I'll get it. I really need friendly service, honesty, and an easy to use interface. As I get more experienced with what I need I can upgrade at that point.

For that kind of a site I'd recommend something like e-starr.com

I've been with them for two years and I have a similar sort of site. And they have been nothing but excellent.

Stargazer,

Most hosts can meet your requirements...

$5.00/month is on the low end of what youre going to pay for reliable hosting - though, as previously mentioned - it all depends on the space/bandwith you require....
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

Thanks Ben and Gargoyle! I'll be looking at them all!!!