Search Engine Submissons

Hello Guys,

I am looking for some first hand advice on search engine submission software or services. All webmasters know how hard it is to submit your sites to multiple search engines. I would love to hear the experiences of webmasters who have sucessfully used a search engine submission software or service to submit their sites with good results.

Thanks in advance for your comments and feedback.

Regards,
    HostPromoter.net - www.hostpromoter.net
    Get your hosting business submitted to 100+ hosting directories.
    WebSitePromoter - www.wspromoter.com
    Get your sites submitted to 1500 Search Engine Friendly Directories!

Hi,

I have always just done it manualy to a few of the big ones. Most of the services and software for doing it are a bit bogus imho.

I did pay for one site to get into ikonimi (I always mis-spell that) and it did work. Same with ask jeeves. Never tried Yahoo one though. But google is free, just takes a little time.

If you submit to lots of the smaller ones use a dummy email as they tend to spam a bit.

Best way really is to get into google and the rest will pick you up and have lots of relevant content and links to your site.

Gluck

James

Originally posted by HostPromoter
    I am looking for some first hand advice on search engine submission software or services. All webmasters know how hard it is to submit your sites to multiple search engines.
    Which "multiple search engines" are you thinking of? Google, Yahoo, MSN, AOL, AskJeeves, Teoma, AltaVista, AllTheWeb, HotBot and Netscape?

Those are the sites that are typically called "major search engines." At a glance that might look like you need to do a lot of submission, but in fact three indexes provide the free results provided on all of those sites: Google, Overture, and Teoma. Among them, only Google and Overture accept url submission but in both cases you're likely to be spidered anyway and get in that way before your submission has any effect.

Really the only "must" submission today is to dmoz. If you want to be thorough, go to Google's and Yahoo's submission page, but that's not even usually necessary.
    Originally posted by Fatty
    I did pay for one site to get into ikonimi (I always mis-spell that) and it did work.
    You don't have to spell it any more. Inktomi was purchased by Yahoo and the paid inclusion services once offered there were rolled into Overture.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

Try submitting to dmoz.org, from there many sites should pick up your submission..