Where's my website ?

I have set up a website but can only seem to access it from my computer at work. I have tried my home computer and it has been tested on two other computers. The dreaded "Site not Found" etc etc etc page appears.

My Home computer is XP, Explorer 6 with 128-bit encryption, Sygate Personal Firewall and NTL Broadband (600k).

I could understand if something was set on my computer to block access but what about the other two ? I am using WHM/Cpanel to manage the package.

Have I inadvertently blocked access someway or is there a setting I need to override to allow full internet access ?

My domain was registered with 123 etc (not allowed to post URLs yet) and the named servers were changed with what appeared to be no trouble. Could 123 be locking access (inadvertently or otherwise) in someway to my website because they are not hosting the webspace.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated as this is driving me crazy......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance.

Regards
    Keltic

How long ago did you update name servers?

If it was recent, you may just need to wait.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Hi,

If you have just set it up then it could still be propogating on the internet. It sometimes takes a few days. Often one ISP account can see it when another cannot.

If it is not just setup then you would have to look further.

James

Also check your browser cache.

Where's my website ?

Message sent by webhost that Domain name was resolved on 11/05/04.

Is this long enough ?

Regards,
    Keltic

Browser Cache

It is not appearing on two other computers as well.

I have used Window Washer and cleared everything out.

Regards,
    Keltic

Registration

Just looked up the URL on Allwhois.com

Relevant Dates :

Registered on 27-Apr-2004

Registration Status

Registration request being processed.

Could this be the problem ????

Regards,
    Keltic

three weeks after you submit registration, you are getting" registration in process"? contact your registrar. This is undoubtedly part of the problem. To be fair, you should not be able to actually browse at all to the site if the registrar has not completed the DNS registration.

having said that - when you are surfing to the site on the machine that does resolve the site, are you accesing the internet via a different ISP than the other two you tried (that aren't working)?

finally - any chance you are actually browsing to a local folder on the machine that works? ...

Peter

My registrar says that is normal.

I have asked NTL to try to look for the page and one of their tech guys says it takes nine minutes to load, go back to your hosting company. My hosting company tells me everything is ok, but I still can't see my website.

I have disconnected firewall and tried still no luck. The machine which connects is a laptop connected over a network to a head office Intranet.

I wish I'd never started.

Regards
    Keltic

Hi Keltic.

Now you should have enough posts - what is URL of site? I will browse to on my fiber lines (the beauty of being a host ;-) and get back to you.

The last load time was 9 minutes? what have you got running on your index or default page? Have you tried loading a simple test page, with limited scripts, to see if the bottleneck is your host, or your page?

And - I hear the "I wish I had never started this" often enough. Usually it turns out to be something relatively simple. If you are registered, the hosting company has DNS at their end set up properly, etc... things end up working. That's the beauty of having at least three organizations involved ..

Get back to me with that URL. if you can.

Pete

URL

Pete

Thanks for keeping an eye on this. The URL is www.webcommand.co.uk. It is just a flash template uploaded by the hosting company.

The last load time was by NTL technicians themselves. I have never been able to load it myself on my home PC. I have also asked other people to view it, at least one on BT ISP. So unless both NTL and BT are causing problems, I don't understand.

Also because I cannot see it from my home PC I cannot FTP anything into the webspace.

I have also been on www.DNSreport.com and DNSstuff.com which shows warnings and failures on the DNS servers but I'm not clued up on how critical they are. DNSstuff.com Timing, rates my site as an 'F' , hardly comforting is it ?

I have noticed that the DNS servers are shown in lower case at Allwhois.com. I have also set up an account package in the name of www.urmstonanglers.net and the nameservers here are listed in reverse order. My domain registrar is www.123-reg.co.uk.. Would any of this matter ? I actually ran a timing report this morning on both sites and webcommand showed 'F' , urmstonanglers showed 'A' .

I have also switched my firewall off (not recommended?) and tried to access, still no luck.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I am running Windows XP professional at home. Is there any switches in this which would prevent access ?

This is the forum topic where I am trying to solve the problem.

http://www.u2-web.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=430

Regards,
    keltic

New Server

It has been suggested that the website be moved to a new server, so I will be changing the nameservers today.

Hopefully, that will solve the problem.

I will keep you posted.

Regards,
    keltic

the topic sounded like 'wheres waldo' hence the sayin
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

web-site

Yes but at least Waldo was on the page.......

After moving servers, it now appears to work perfectly.

Regards,
    keltic