Thread: Highest uptime

Talking Highest uptime

Hello guys,

Anyone that bought a dedicated server package last year and has 100% uptime?
    If yes, I would like to know the company please.

Thanks

If you have had a machine with 100% uptime then you havn't been doing system updates.

Yes, my own server on my T1 line. That's as close you will get to 100% when you run it.

You would perhaps be better off asking for "network" uptime... that way you get a good idea about the stability of the network, but people rebooting for upgrades and so on doesn't get in the way
    Robin Balen
    Gyron Internet Ltd - http://gyron.net/
    UK colocation, managed hosting and connectivity services with 100% uptime SLAs

Highest uptime I think should be the DNS servers, all services shut down expect Port 53 DNS , wont even need to do a reboot once a year.

Netcraft reported recently that 5 of the top 10 hosting companies with the best uptimes were running FreeBSD. Also upgrades don't always necessitate a reboot, unless they are installing a new kernel or (gasp) running ms windows.

Originally posted by delimiter
    Netcraft reported recently that 5 of the top 10 hosting companies with the best uptimes were running FreeBSD. Also upgrades don't always necessitate a reboot, unless they are installing a new kernel or (gasp) running ms windows.
    People use Windows as a server os?

Thats just scary

Sagonet

No downtime since im with them (beginning of march), but one little slow down due to globalcrossing (100 ping instead of a 60)

I do recommend it to u, nice tech, nice support... nice prices!