Be nice to each other.

Hosting Discussion - web hosting community.

Is your company represented?

I would be 2 scared 2 fly even if the tickets were free.........

After 9/11??????? I dunno if i would ever get back on a plane....

The Dude

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

You have a better chance at winning the mega bucks lottery before getting on a plane with terrorists, The Dude. Another point is that now many people would stand up and fight since they know what will happen if they don't. I know I would.

I heard on the news the airlines are almost back to the same amount of traffic pre 9/11. I think they are starting to offer all this now since they are making money again and they are re-investing it into them self’s instead of bonus's for the managers and CEO's.
    All I ever wanted was an honest weeks pay for an honest days work!

I dunno.......

The Dude

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Originally posted by The Dude
    I dunno.......

The Dude
    dolbyac3 is right. It still is the safest activity you can engage yourself in. Statistically, even walking is more dangerous.
    Hosting Discussion - web hosting community.

Is your company represented?

Originally posted by The Dude
    That is just silly. It's like saying after the Paddington Rail Crash you'll never step on a train again, after the 1998 car jacking terrorists you're never going to get into a car again... ...and so on.
    Bannaz™ | Amazing HTML5 Banner Ad Designer!
    Leading designers in online advertising
    Need banners? Visit our Website

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude
    After I stubbed my toe on the leg of my bed this morning I'm never getting up again.

What's good for The Dude is good for the Zopester...
    Kinkamono Internet Services - The Internet. Done Right.
    Dive In...

One's fears are never silly

Originally posted by Scenes
    That is just silly. It's like saying after the Paddington Rail Crash you'll never step on a train again, after the 1998 car jacking terrorists you're never going to get into a car again... ...and so on.
    While the statistics and facts may say that is illogical, it is never appropriate to call another's fears or concerns "silly".

I, personanlly, have flown many times since and don't have that fear. However, I may have others which to some are equally irrational. For instance, I will never lean against a balcony rail for fear of going through or over while I see others quite comfortable leaning on a rail of a 44th floor high-rise balcony. Everyone is affected differently by the events of their life.

Probably the most current area in which we all are different is whether we would attend this year's Olympics or not. Maybe through ignorance, maybe without justification, or maybe through overcautiousness, I personally would not attend even if given free tickets. At this point in time, my fear although limited, would prevent me from enjoying the event. On the other hand, I drive over 60 miles every day on Dallas highways, which is very dangerous. I do it out of necessity and have somehow suppressed the fear from my mind, even though I see at least one or two wrecks which have occured on the way every day and have myself been run into my back on two occasions going home.

Re: One's fears are never silly

Originally posted by Incognito
    While the statistics and facts may say that is illogical, it is never appropriate to call another's fears or concerns "silly".

I, personanlly, have flown many times since and don't have that fear. However, I may have others which to some are equally irrational. For instance, I will never lean against a balcony rail for fear of going through or over while I see others quite comfortable leaning on a rail of a 44th floor high-rise balcony. Everyone is affected differently by the events of their life.

Probably the most current area in which we all are different is whether we would attend this year's Olympics or not. Maybe through ignorance, maybe without justification, or maybe through overcautiousness, I personally would not attend even if given free tickets. At this point in time, my fear although limited, would prevent me from enjoying the event. On the other hand, I drive over 60 miles every day on Dallas highways, which is very dangerous. I do it out of necessity and have somehow suppressed the fear from my mind, even though I see at least one or two wrecks which have occured on the way every day and have myself been run into my back on two occasions going home.

Giving out a statistic like that can sometimes help lessen ones fears in my opinion. 5000 Tickets doesn't seem like a lot, And the people earning tickets are going to be people who fly anyways..

I'm not afraid of terrorist, but I do have a fear of going several miles up above the Earth. It just scares me that even for a minute the engine could fail and have a bloody painful crash back to Earth. I'll travel by Bus, Car, Train, or Boat, but never by air.
    Kerry Jones

Also if I remember isn't their security guards in planes now? I thought I saw that they where going to do it (this was a while back).

also I would fight back if I saw terrorist on the plane. We all die sooner or later... so why not protect people while doing it?

Originally posted by dolbyac3
    You have a better chance at winning the mega bucks lottery before getting on a plane with terrorists, The Dude. Another point is that now many people would stand up and fight since they know what will happen if they don't. I know I would.

I heard on the news the airlines are almost back to the same amount of traffic pre 9/11. I think they are starting to offer all this now since they are making money again and they are re-investing it into them self’s instead of bonus's for the managers and CEO's.
    I am back....

You know it is safer to fly in a plane then drive on the ground.

Originally posted by Kerry Jones
    I'm not afraid of terrorist, but I do have a fear of going several miles up above the Earth. It just scares me that even for a minute the engine could fail and have a bloody painful crash back to Earth. I'll travel by Bus, Car, Train, or Boat, but never by air.
    I am back....

Originally posted by Torith
    Also if I remember isn't their security guards in planes now? I thought I saw that they where going to do it (this was a while back).

also I would fight back if I saw terrorist on the plane. We all die sooner or later... so why not protect people while doing it?
    You know I was thinking something similar about that on the bus going to San Angelo, Texas from Fort Worth, Texas. If a terrorist had decided to try and crash the bus I would throw my coke as if I was playing baseball. I would hope it would hit him in the head flying 90 mphs an hour and hopefully knock him out or kill him. I bet if that did happen I would become Coca Cola's spokesman.

You know it is safer to fly in a plane then drive on the ground.
    I know, but its the fact that I feel safe on the ground than in the air that counts the most. It doesn't matter if it seems safer to me, but I feel being on the ground is alot safer to me than for somebody else.
    Kerry Jones

Originally posted by dolbyac3

I sure as hell would, too!

Within the last year, I've flown to Florida 6 times and Virginia 3. I'm flying from NY (where I live) to FL on 6/12, and then from FL to VA on 6/16, then back to FL on 6/17 (business meeting) and then from FL to NY on ????... I have a one way ticket this trip, since I'm planning on moving down there and will be house hunting, etc. I'll be staying with friends who are close enough to be family, so hotel bills aren't an issue. Personally, with all the security they have now, I've never once not felt safe or secure.

I cant believe no-one fought in the first place. I fight when my friends or family are in danger, let alone a plane full of people.
    BTi-Hosting.co.uk High quality hosting, low low prices.
    One step ahead of the competition - Today IS tomorrow.
    FraudWise.Net - Fight the fraud!

Wow that sucks

It's an original idea, I must say...
    I guess it's much more than an advertising campaign...
    If I'm right, we'll be seeing such "campaigns" arrising for some large companies...
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli

Its a shame such a campaign is offered in the first place. We're going to see all kinds of kissa**ing and brown-noseing now. Too bad they dont take the extra money for this campaign and hire 'representatives' to wonder various places around the globe and just offer free tickets at random.

People should be nice, period. Not when there is something free at stake.
    g.
    "In youth we learn; in age we understand"
    Marie Von Ebner-Eschenbach

Song is a pretty decent airline.. i flew on it to florida.. and back to ny lol

They have an intro which teaches you safety procedures.. it so bad.
    They make it into a song..
    Other than that, live TV, and games on-board for free.. its a good trip.

Next time you go flying [if with song] you will see people kissing other peoples A**es and helping flight attendants

Re: One's fears are never silly

Originally posted by Incognito
    Whilst my post was not to offend, by being blunt my message has come across strong. This has hopefully encouraged rather to disillusioned, wouldn't you agree?
    Bannaz™ | Amazing HTML5 Banner Ad Designer!
    Leading designers in online advertising
    Need banners? Visit our Website