HELM or HSphere?

Hello,

Which one is better? HELM or HSphere?

Those using the relevant panel are likely to say that one is best so probably be an unbalanced view.

We use Helm and are very happy with it. Never tried HSphere so can not comment except to say I know a few large hosts who use it and are very happy, same as I know a few very large hosts using Helm.

If you are Windows only the only downside with HSphere is you need a linux server to run it on.

Helm offer a free 14 day trial, would be suprised if HSphere didn't offer anything similiar. Why not give them both a try.
    Andy
    Resell SSL Certificates - API / WHMCS / HostBill / ClientExec
    Servertastic - RapidSSL, Geotrust, Thawte, Symantec, SmarterTools and more

Originally posted by AGUK
    Helm offer a free 14 day trial, would be suprised if HSphere didn't offer anything similiar. Why not give them both a try.
    Yes, we offer 30 day trial. Usually we can extend it untli you go live with it.
    Igor Seletskiy
    CEO @ Cloud Linux Inc
    http://www.cloudlinux.com
    CloudLinux -- The OS that can make your Shared Hosting stable

Helloo AGUK

I like Helm too. Just bought a license after a very thorough evaluation and will be using it exclusively in the future. I've seen the demo of HSphere and there were things I liked about it but the fact that Helm runs on Windows and the control panel is written in ASP (both technologies I know well) was the clincher for me. An ASP.NET version of Helm is already in development which makes it even more atrractive.

If you will be offering both Unix and Windows based packages HSphere may be worth a look though.

Greetings:

From a Windows licensing perspective, you can potentially save a lot of money running your Windows cluster with H-Sphere even though you would need one FreeBSD or RedHat box for the CP server.

The reason being is typically you have to purchase 3rd party mail software where as H-Sphere uses qmail (secure and free).

And if your clients can use mySQL instead of Microsoft SQL server, then you save on that licensing fee as well.

Should you ever get into Unix-based hosting, then H-Sphere will manage those servers as well.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

Unix has the edge for free software but there's some nice free stuff for Windows too that is supported by Helm. I use MailEnable Standard which is free and works like a dream. MySQL runs great on Windows. There's a laso a free log analyzer that integrates into Helm (AWstats I think) but I use Urchin.

Lightbulb

Definitely HELM if you are serious windows host !!

Thank you all.

We use Hsphere and are very pleased with it. It has alot of additional features such as billing and invoicing, trouble ticket system and knowledge base. We dont know anything about Helm but Hsphere will work on FreeBSD, Linux and Windows. Good luck on your decission.