Thread: Please review

Please review

Please review this site and let me know what you think.
    http://www.mcevoyengineering.co.uk/test/

Thanks,
    Stephen

It looks alright. There is something about it that I don't like. I don't know what it is. I think it's how it's so plain. Hope this helps.

As KJMZ has said, it looks kind of plain.
    Maybe some flash work would spice it up...

Not my sort of thing but honestly, it serves its purpose.

The overall layout is rather nice looking. You just need some more content. At a brief run through your site, I see that most of your content is photos. Since the purpose of this web site is to act as an big brochure, you need to be a lot more verbose. The web site needs to sell the company. Right now it's mainly a photo album.

Does the company publish an annual report? If so, get them. They'll give you lots of ready made verbage to copy over.

A time line of the company's history is always interesting reading.

Include a page of the company's executives - portrait and brief resume type biography. It'll give a "face" to the company.

Speaking of faces, all your photos are of hardware. Toss in some shots of the people doing the work. Show the men and women of McEvoy working hard and flashing smiles of pride with their work.

Assemble some customer testimonials to fill a page.

Assemble a few pages of write up describing how "good" steel fabrication, engineering, welding, pipe work, etc is "supposed" to be done. Educate the customer while subliminally giving them the impression that McEvoy knows their stuff while all those "other" companies are just out to screw over the unsuppecting.
    Serial Beggar
    Hate Your Family? Have No Friends? Make Me Your Beneficiary!

Hi again,

The site has been updated since I posted the original message. Let me know what you think now.
    http://www.mcevoyengineering.co.uk/

Thanks,
    Stephen

The site looks neet and clean. Good work. I would only suggest that you change the main green shade to a lighter one, not much, just a bit, to contrast well with the other shade of green.
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli

Elegent

Very fine work. Sometimes it is hard to get a company site started and you have created a fine foundation. It is very clean looking and appealing.

You did a nice job with your banner and navigation controls.

Now, all you need is to continue adding content as is comes along.