Thread: US Government

Angry US Government

I just heard a preview on for the news at 5 pm where I live that the US Government is trying to ban a type of fat to cook with. Who in the hell do they think they are? America is becoming more not so freedom after all.
    I am back....

lol... thats some funny stuff.

Re: US Government

Originally posted by Torith
    I just heard a preview on for the news at 5 pm where I live that the US Government is trying to ban a type of fat to cook with. Who in the hell do they think they are? America is becoming more not so freedom after all.
    Can you find a link to an article regarding this online? I haven't heard anything of the sort, and I'm always watching the news & online headlines.

- Matt

I will look for a link for yha
    I am back....

http://www.heartcenteronline.com/myh...reutersid=4382
    I think he means this. And it isn't the government. It's a consumer group.
    Ask about custom logo design! :: TalkSka.com - Your source for Ska News and Forums. Join today!
    AIM=IQPhat
    [email protected]
    EMAIL=Use the board's email system, please.

So whats so bad about that?
    You want your arteries clogged?
    I mean.. sure its dumb to ban it.. because it is ones own choice, but they are just trying to make a statement, that we should stop eating this fat.

It's not a general ban on cooking with the fat, it's banning certain types of places from using it. It's a health issue (and if you read any of the studies that have come out recently, it's considered a major one).

This isn't unusual, a large number of things are banned and/or restricted due to health issues. That's why we have any number of things.... controlled substances comes to mind. Asbestos, why was it banned? Not because it was bad at what it does.

Let's ban cigarettes and alcohol.

Was that supposed to be funny?
    We would be so much better off without cigarettes...
    Now.. the alcohol.. thats another thing lol

Funny, no. I don't smoke nor drink. Alcohol has ruin so many lives. I say those need to be banned.

lol lmao roflol

this is too funny.

next you will hear - us governement did nothing about "something - you can insert whatever" that it found out was dangerous resulting in the death of thousands. they should pay - they should have banned it so it would not hurt anyone.

ahahahahahahahah
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

If they were to ban partially hydrogenated fats, they should ban tobacco and alcohol.

The partially hydrogenated fats only effect the person that consumed them, tobacco and alcohol effect everyone else as well.

tobacco is one thing to ban, since marijuana is legal in canada just a couple of hours drive away.

alcohol though is completely different; it lightens difficult social settings, allows for a escape from reality (which lets all face we all need to do, time to time) & most importantly of all .... things in general are just more fun when drunk or drinking

Your right!!!!!!!

Marshal law is closer than we all think

The Dude

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Alcohol is worst than marijuana.

Some facts abour drunk driving.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/maddhowardcounty/

Nationwide in 2002, 17,419 people died in alcohol-related crashes. That represents 41% of all traffic deaths.

Alcohol-related crashes kill 50 people a day -- one death every 30 minutes.

Each year another 275,000 people are injured in these crashes.

Economic costs of alcohol-related crashes are estimated to be $114.3 billion yearly.

Traffic crashes are the greatest single cause of death for ages 6-28. Almost half are alcohol related.

Hmm... I'm paying higher car insurance rates and taxes because of alcohol.

Re: US Government

Originally posted by Torith
    Who in the hell do they think they are?
    Trans-fats prolong shelf life of a product (aka preservative), serve as a cheap filler (less real quality ingredients), and cause lowering of HDL cholesterol (which is good) and increase LDL cholesterol (which is bad). Except for making higher profits for the food company, it's useless AND harmful.

How dare they try to protect us, and improve our health. What crazy thing will they do next.... cleaning up the environment and trying to stop pollution? Those rotten bastards.

Re: Re: US Government

Originally posted by Gen-T
    Trans-fats prolong shelf life of a product (aka preservative), serve as a cheap filler (less real quality ingredients), and cause lowering of HDL cholesterol (which is good) and increase LDL cholesterol (which is bad). Except for making higher profits for the food company, it's useless AND harmful.

How dare they try to protect us, and improve our health. What crazy thing will they do next.... cleaning up the environment and trying to stop pollution? Those rotten bastards.

Hehe... true, but they don't have to ban it if there are no good substitutions. I wouldn't want to "have to" pay 20% more for the same food product either.

"Food industry groups said some companies already had reduced or replaced trans fats in their products, and others were looking for alternatives. The challenge is to find a substitute that does not raise the level of saturated fat, another major contributor to high cholesterol."

This is good enough:

"Starting in 2006, the United States will require packaged foods to carry labels telling people how much trans fat the products contain.

CSPI said it was starting a campaign to encourage more companies to replace trans fat in their products. "

Warning the customer and educated the public has always been the American way. Not banning everything that is not healthy.

Re: Re: US Government

Gen-T what I am trying to get at is they have no right to tell other people how to eat or put in food. Last time I checked the people who eat the food does so on their free will.

Originally posted by Gen-T

I am back....

Since we're talking about banning evil things...

Ban cars, they contribute to Global Warming.
    Ban AC, they also contribute to Global Warming.
    Ban Soda/Pop, they cause teeth to rot and tear up the inside lining of our intestines.
    Ban sex, it contributes to the consumption of natural resources and overpopulation.
    Ban any form of plastic, wastes natural resources.
    Ban wood, also wastes natural resources.

See where I'm going with this? Every thing, every action, every activity has a flaw in it, as does this debate... I agree with those that say it's up to each person to decide what they eliminate from our lives. I don't want to ban alcohol, I do feel that stricter penalties are warranted for those that flagrantly disregard the laws...

It's all about education, folks, not banning things.
    Douglas Hazard - Certifiable Sports Junkie and Sports Community Enthusiast

Host of Two Cents Radio - Follow @TwoCentsRadio on Twitter (@BearlyDoug on Twitter)