A Plea for help from a n00b

Hi all,
    I have run into a serious problem.
    I registered my domain with namecrave 1 year ago.
    They were a reseller of Enom. Now this year comes to my renewal, I did renew with them. However, I didnt get an email telling me my login/pwd for their new system. (My domain was running on the old system all throughout this past year while they upgraded to a newer system sometime in between).
    My control panel worked fine for the past year and it was located at Enom
    However, this year I went to their link and paid for my renewal form, problem started to emerge.
    First, they didn't charge my credit card yet (confirmed with my cc company last night) and yet they put Status: REGISTRAR-LOCK on my site. To my understanding, my domain is stuck with them. However, after emailing them 3 times, I cannot get a response. Basically my domain name is not connect with my server right now and I cant register with another company like namecheap since they auto renewed my domain without charging my credit card and put a lock on my domain.
    What should I do? Is there anything that I can do in order to get my domain up and running again?

Thanks for your help.

what is your domain name that is locked?

it is joshchen . net

sorry cant post URL until 5 post limit

I appears your domain name has already expired according to a whois lookup....so the company didn't renew your domain.

Creation date: 17 May 2003 00:00:00
    Expiration date: 17 May 2004 00:00:00

Your domain name servers appear to be default enom nameservers, which would be why your site no longer shows up when you punch in your domain name. These nameservers are automatically added when a domain name expires.

I did an enom WHOIS lookup for your domain and found this:

"This name has EXPIRED, the former whois information is:

Name Servers:
    dns1.name-services.com
    dns2.name-services.com
    dns3.name-services.com
    dns4.name-services.com
    dns5.name-services.com

Unless namecrave renews your domain in the next week, it'll be up for redemption which makes it unavailable for re-registration for about 60 - 90 days....

I would try to contact them by any means possible - you should also send an email to enom explaining the situation that namecrave has neglected your requests to renew the domain. Enom won't stand in the way of renewing a client.
    I've dealt with many situations regarding negligent enom resellers - enom usually comes through when it comes to problems that keep clients of their resellers from renewing....
    Hosting.Express | Affordable Web and Email Hosting
    Shared | Reseller | 24/7 Support | NSA Free
    SPECIAL OFFER - domain name, email and cPanel web hosting = $3.73 per month | Contact Us: 1-800-861-1888

Peter,

Try the url access.enom.com and use your old id/pw. Maybe you can get in through there.

Originally posted by Pilgrim
    Peter,

Try the url access.enom.com and use your old id/pw. Maybe you can get in through there.
    That is what I meant by my old login is at access.enom. com
    but it says I am expired.

Originally posted by Hostkookster
    I appears your domain name has already expired according to a whois lookup....so the company didn't renew your domain.
    I found out that they just charged me on my credit card
    However, on most whois lookup it does say my domain expired. It is not such case on namecrave's own whois lookup however.

Hmm. I will try to contact enom and see what I can do. Thanks for both of you.

Moved to domain name discussions

only the reseller or enom can help you, do ur best to contact them.

because you cant access your domain fro access.enom.com if the domain is expired
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

If it hasn't hit redemption period yet, you'd normally be able to renew. Something that might work: Buy another domain. Would you be able to access the same account if you did that?

Also, it's possible you'll be able to get in soo, since they charged your card... Might take a day or something...

Good Luck,
    Someone who rarely asks for anything.

Originally posted by JetServers
    If it hasn't hit redemption period yet, you'd normally be able to renew. Something that might work: Buy another domain. Would you be able to access the same account if you did that?

Also, it's possible you'll be able to get in soo, since they charged your card... Might take a day or something...

Good Luck,
    Someone who rarely asks for anything.
    Ah, I see what you mean but I am going to wait for a while before I do anything like spending extra cash. Hopefully they will get to me soon but it has been 4 days now since I renewed my account.

The status for my site has changed from Status: Registar Lock to Status :Locked.

What does that mean?

I'm still seeing it as Registrar Lock

Sorry folks, went through all these trouble and www.namecrave.com finally renewed my account after 4 days of filling out the renewal form and paid with credit card. I don't suggest any people to use www.namecrave.com because of their service. I am now able to login at access.enom.com now. Sorry for all the trouble and time.
    I hope it will work for me now.

seems like www.namecrave.com moved to DirectI
    eNom very discounted reseller / retail accounts (Click here )

Rare 2 , 3 char / letter domains for sale ( Click here )

Originally posted by honestman
    seems like www.namecrave.com moved to DirectI
    i think they got their domain registered there at first place, but using enom system or so.

even some accredited registrars have their domains at some other registrars
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi