GoDaddy SSL Certs

I am thinking about using GoDaddy SSL certs for all of my new clients. I am wondering if there is a reason that I should not go with them? Their prices are $49.95 while everyone else is still at $159.00.

Regards,
    Nick

Never bought one from GoDaddy, although we went ahead and used EV1Servers since they offered ChainedSSL at only $19.95.
    NameHero.com - We Fly Above The Competition™
    The Industry Leader In Cloud Web Hosting

Godaddy's certs are only available in US. I started to use the SSL certs provided by RegisterFly for my clients. They are 24.99 each and are single root certs and work quite nicely.
    Domain Maven

dmaven,

So do any web browers of old complain that those aren't signed by a known authority?

Regards,
    Nick

Originally posted by ProfCrazynuts
    dmaven,

So do any web browers of old complain that those aren't signed by a known authority?

Regards,
    Nick
    The provider is Freessl(a geotrust company) so they work just like a geotrust cert
    Domain Maven

dmaven, are you partner/reseller/affiliate/something like that with RegisterFly ?

Thanks,
    David.

Originally posted by dgaussin
    dmaven, are you partner/reseller/affiliate/something like that with RegisterFly ?

Thanks,
    David.
    Nope, just a long time client.
    Domain Maven

EV1Servers is offering GeoTrust SSL Certificates for $49.00 a year. Pretty good deal if I say so myself. Plus, you don't have to deal with any "chained" crap, so it is way easier to install.

Whats a "chained" SSL certificate

Originally posted by comfixit
    Whats a "chained" SSL certificate
    Some helpful info

Some Certification Authorities, like Comodo, do not have a Trusted Root CA certificate present in browsers, therefore they need a "chained root" in order for their certificates to be trusted - essentially a CA with a Trusted Root CA certificate issues a "chained" certificate which "inherits" the browser recognition of the Trusted Root CA. These SSL certificates are known as "chained root" SSL certificates.
    Domain Maven

By the look of things, the cost is $49.95 for the first year but the renewal is $89.95... still a good deal though. However they should really make that clear.

Just like if you bought one of their $4.95 domains, the renewal would be the normal $8.95 price.

I really, really like GoDaddy. C'mon, they sued Verisign!

But as far as inexpensive SSL certs go, we've also gone with EV1. Points for no rootchain.
    Jeff Standen, Chief of R&D, WebGroup Media LLC. - LinkedIn
    Cerb is a fast and flexible web-based platform for business collaboration and automation. http://www.cerbweb.com/