* Different Location Hosting

Hi,

I am new here and I like the forums.

I am looking for hosting comapnies that can provide me with shared hosting in different locations, ie different cities, states, countries etc.

are there any like that? where can I find them?

Metus

You can request a quote at WHT here:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/request.php
    Gary Jones

BlueFur.com - Canada Web Hosting

thanks but do they give the service I am looking for?

If you request properly you will get quotes for what you want from the hosts on the board.
    Gary Jones

BlueFur.com - Canada Web Hosting

thanks mate, I appriciate your prompt help

You mean something like a fault tolerant setup?

For example, have your website hosted on servers in California, but also have your site mirrored on webservers in Florida in case the primary ones stop functioning?

no, I want mysite1.com in California and mydomain2.com at floriday etc; but I rather work with few companies that gives this service with out working with tens of companies.

Oh, alright. There are many companies that do this; for example, www.verio.com.

You may want to use the Host Quote feature at the top however, you'll likely get many responses for companies that provide this.

thank you, I did make a request. hope I get great relevant offers.

Their are many hosts that provide such services. You need to consider a few things in terms of your requirements before obtaining offers. Remember to do your research when your interested in a prospective host and look into such things as previous history both on search engines and here, how long they have been in business, and another recommendation is take a look at their community forums (if they have them)
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

thanks robert, can you recommend anyone?

You could always just get a package at a few different hosts placed in different locations...
    Excell Hosting
    Budget Hosting

You could always just get a package at a few different hosts placed in different locations...
    I second that. I reckon that finding a host with servers in more than 2-3 places is not an easy job.

Some hosting directories with powerful searching engines might help. http://findmyhosting.com/AdvancedSearch.asp comes to my mind.

Good luck metus!

Dan, obviously people are not looking hard enough . Many hosts won't offer multiple location hosting for a number of factors which includes pricing of bandwidth in the respective countries.

However if your going after the business market like we do, then it's only common sense if you host your website locally. We did extensive research on locations before deploying servers and this is ongoing task. The average web visitor stays on a site for 10-15 seconds, if your site is hosted in the US and you’re based in Australia it will be beneficial to you and your prospective clients to host locally.

If you host abroad you will not get the same deals as available in the states however so that's something to keep in mind. It maybe better as suggested to just select a few hosts that have US based servers maybe the east coast & west coast will be sufficient for you?
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

well, you give interesting points of views...

the big players such as AOL etc put all their eggs in one basket? dont they spread servers arround the nation and world?