Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Will you offer flash tutorials for your clients?

Hi,

I noticed that only a few hosting companies have offered flash tutorials for their customers. I would like to know will you consider to offer flash tutorials for your customers.

1. What reasons why don't you offer flash tutorials for your customers now?

2. What will cause you to offer flash tutorials for your customers (e.g. quality, price, etc.)?

3. Do you have any plan to offer flash tutorials for your customers in the future?

Best regards
    seekhosting
    My friends, it's nice to know that you are there when I need you.

We have offered them for almost a year now and just bought about 10 more sets. They are absolutely priceless for our support team as people would rather watch those than send in a ticket most of the time.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    UrNode - Virtual Solutions
    http://www.UrNode.com

I agree the flash tutorials are an excellent resource to limit support tickets. We are planning on getting more before the year end.
    Gary Jones

BlueFur.com - Canada Web Hosting

Where do you obtain these? i'd sure implement some tutorials regarding setting up their new accounts and such.

Originally posted by prohostweb
    Where do you obtain these? i'd sure implement some tutorials regarding setting up their new accounts and such.
    We've used http://www.cheapdemos.com

great stuff for very reasonable prices
    Solid-Hosting.net - affordable multiple domain hosting solutions
    Reliability and Customer Service are our focus!

Originally posted by prohostweb
    The only place I would go to, for this product, is http://www.DemoDemo.com

We use DemoDemo's tutorials, in vast amounts, and they are unmatched in quality

Simon
    EIRCA Ltd, home of The Genius Network™.

You can also make your own if you use a screencapture tool and flash. Honestly though I think it is smarter to buy them as it takes a lot of time to make just one. The prices at demodemo.com are good and they add your logo too.
    Gary Jones

BlueFur.com - Canada Web Hosting

Originally posted by IHSL
    The only place I would go to, for this product, is http://www.DemoDemo.com

We use DemoDemo's tutorials, in vast amounts, and they are unmatched in quality

Simon
    What Simon said.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

I also have a tip for you, regarding DemoDemo;

Don't remove the "Powered by.." button. We have at least one pre-sales question a week that asks for these tutorials by name. Trust me, the $20 to remove the button is $20 wasted.

Not many companies demand that much respect in their field, DemoDemo does.

Simon

DemoDemo tutorials are what we use too - however, there are many alternatives available so it may be worth shopping around.

Originally posted by mark_uk
    DemoDemo tutorials are what we use too - however, there are many alternatives available so it may be worth shopping around.
    I agree. DemoDemo tutorials are too expensive. CheapDemos are much, much better deal

With the random changes in templates and themes, how often do you update your flash tutorials?

Rick

There is no comparing cheapdemos to Demodemo. Have you ever watched the same tutorial from both sites?

I just got done watching the FTP account creation from both sites. Demodemo tutorials have detailed explanations not just 3 word directives. Quite honestly if you could understand the cheapdemo you probably could have just read the instructions in CPanel to create an FTP account.

Watching a Demodemo tutorial, a pure novice could follow the steps and make it work...

Originally posted by Watcher_TVI
    There is no comparing cheapdemos to Demodemo. Have you ever watched the same tutorial from both sites?

I just got done watching the FTP account creation from both sites. Demodemo tutorials have detailed explanations not just 3 word directives. Quite honestly if you could understand the cheapdemo you probably could have just read the instructions in CPanel to create an FTP account.

Watching a Demodemo tutorial, a pure novice could follow the steps and make it work...
    I agree with you. Demodemo have better tutorials. However the main point of a flash demo in my opinion is to visualy present to the client how something is done. That's why detailed explanation is not so important because most of the things are self explanatory. I said CheapDemos are a much better deal and I still firmly believe that. Not only you get more tutorials (31 instead of 20) but the price is 5 times lower. I think over 90% of the users out there will find both tutorials equaly as useful.

I know your getting a lot of answers from those of us that already use the demos but I can maybe answer some of the questions you had anyway

I didn't offer them for the ongest time because I myself was a print and save person, so when these first came out they actually irritated me. LOL I was mad because you couldn't print and save them.

2. What will cause you to offer flash tutorials for your customers (e.g. quality, price, etc.)?

What made me finally offer them. Well I actually watched one, and then I also got tired of having to write out the instructions or search for my saved copy of instructions to give out, now I just make sure they get the link for the ones I offer and those that use them all come back and say they loved it and it helped them so much, especially the FrontPage users.

3. Do you have any plan to offer flash tutorials for your customers in the future? I not only plan to continue to offer them I plan on eventually getting them all.

I use only demodemo as they have a great reputation, I have never had to wait long for the tutorials and they always treat me with respect and care. You may pay a bit more but it is worth it.
    Freckle Face
    http://frecklefacehosting.com

Maybe someone doesnt have the budget for it

To help them out quicker, to reduce our tickets

3. Do you have any plan to offer flash tutorials for your customers in the future?

What if we have them yes keep adding new ones in the future, and ask customers which one they would like to see.

DemoDemo expensive? You get what you pay for, they are the best in the industry according to me.

thanks

Originally posted by Yaser

Maybe someone doesnt have the budget for it

To help them out quicker, to reduce our tickets

What if we have them yes keep adding new ones in the future, and ask customers which one they would like to see.

DemoDemo expensive? You get what you pay for, they are the best in the industry according to me.

thanks
    Very well said.. Demodemo.comis best.. Go with them

Another vote for them right herr

Ask vito he might give you a special price if he has any WHT offers

Ive seen many hosts use them, they are probably industry leaders and the demos are to the point and precise. the tutorials are also easily understood by novices too!

So many plus points, you should add them.

The thing is demo demo does not have any voice demos. And if they did it would cost 2 times as much as non-voice.

Ofcourse price would increase, voice part is not easy but the demos would be great with voice! maybe we should tell vito this.
    "Web Hosting is not just about selling space, it is about facilitating customers needs with your plans and supporting the customer for a long lasting mutually beneficial relationship."- Yaser

Originally posted by 3en
    The thing is demo demo does not have any voice demos. And if they did it would cost 2 times as much as non-voice.
    Couldn't figure out any benefit in the voice demos, as they just say what is written in the text boxes anyways. I see no real benefit there whatsoever.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

If text boxes werent there maybe then they would be in.
    "Web Hosting is not just about selling space, it is about facilitating customers needs with your plans and supporting the customer for a long lasting mutually beneficial relationship."- Yaser

Originally posted by Yaser
    If text boxes werent there maybe then they would be in.
    The disadvantage of that, is you can't freezeframe a voice, and still hear what it's saying

What I mean by that, is that a lot of users will get to one certain point in the tutorial, and they'll be flipping between pages, and the tutorial.. they can easily pause the movie at the critical point, and flip back and forth between the pages

I can't see any major requirement for voice tutorials.

Simon

Greetings:

We exclusively use the Flash tutorials from DemoDemo.com.

Vito is awesome with customer service.

Our clients appreciate a picture (Flash) driven tutoral in addition to our written instructions.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

You will find plenty of great reviews on cheapdemos.com here on WHT. just do a search, I use them now and will continue.
    The money you will save is well worth it!
    31 cPanel demos for like 20$ how can you beat that...

d00t

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast