Thread: a question

Hybrid View

* a question

i see a lot of offers for resellers like 15$ permonth 3gb space with 50gb transfer .... i wanted to know whether these company's will be stable ???? compared to others ?? and how will they be able to offer such a packages ???

Cheers

Re: a question

Originally posted by Hcompany
    i see a lot of offers for resellers like 15$ permonth 3gb space with 50gb transfer .... i wanted to know whether these company's will be stable ????

Probably not.
    . . . compared to others ??

Probably not as stable as "others", who could offer less resources for more money.
    . . . and how will they be able to offer such a packages ???
    They're either overselling like crazy, and thus loading up their server/s with too many reseller accounts, or they use very cheap servers and live on rice cakes and water.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Aussie Bob - the voice of the honest host

Originally posted by InSite
    Aussie Bob - the voice of the honest host
    ex-host actually.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

I should have been clearer! I meant you are now speaking up for the honest hosts, as you can say things we cant without looking like we are just putting down the competition!

Long may it continue - I'm waiting for the "as recommended by Aussie Bob" badges to come out

I would guess that not everyone is overloaded, thought I bet most of them are. I am sure some are trying to compete on price and just have margins ridiculously low hoping to sell volumes. This sometimes works for some companies, for some it does not. In my view competing on price in this market is silly, service is the key

Originally posted by hostito
    I would guess that not everyone is overloaded, thought I bet most of them are. I am sure some are trying to compete on price and just have margins ridiculously low hoping to sell volumes. This sometimes works for some companies, for some it does not. In my view competing on price in this market is silly, service is the key
    Although service is the key, prices are a clients first attraction to a fairly new host. Most new hosts will start with low prices hoping to gain popularity and then raise them after they accumulate a certain amount of clients. And us, we do offer low prices for high quality services. We do not oversell, nor do we overload our servers.

Just thought I'd break up this "theme" for dogging the low price host.
    Cory Pippen
    San Diego Direct Web, LLC
    1-866-611-3604

Originally posted by CPQIS Evan
    Although service is the key, prices are a clients first attraction to a fairly new host. Most new hosts will start with low prices hoping to gain popularity and then raise them after they accumulate a certain amount of clients. And us, we do offer low prices for high quality services. We do not oversell, nor do we overload our servers.

Just thought I'd break up this "theme" for dogging the low price host.
    I disagree.

We actually ran this through the ringer 9 month's ago.. we made two versions of our (then) main image on our website, and put it on a rotation script.

The first version really pushed "amazing low prices" with a sale, the second pushed the backbone, hardware, and support.

The second image proved to have the most draw, by around 9:1. A price tag may pull them into your site, but more often that not, it won't keep them there.

Show them a mind-blowing network/datacenter, and the specs of the hardware, and you'll have most of them drooling, and the price becomes an afterthought. This is providing you are not pricing yourself out of the market, of course.

Simon
    EIRCA Ltd, home of The Genius Network™.

So you say systems is key? or presentation?