Now the one posted on vb was just an example by one of the techs of his own. This was not our post but someone with a similar problem. They attached their conf here
I have not been handling this issue with Servint since I do not run war of the ring anymore, just do the finances. But I am concerned as we have a new site that I am running coming out that will send a lot of mail and this could cripple it.
Servint say that it is starting a new process for every mail or something like that. You can certianly watch the load shoot up as soon as you start sending. In tests we have stopped before it cripples the server.
Hmm no they dont get 20, like I say that was just the only example we could find on vb forum of a standard exim conf that was working fine with vb. We did not create or post on the thread.
I think what I will do is ask our programmer to run a script using php mail function to test if that is the problem. If that goes through without pushing load up then we will know it is Vbulltin that is the problem.
I cannot see that it is though, else hundreds of users would have been affected. Yet, Servint seem puzzled by what is causing it. I guess some more testing and hopefully someone else might have had the same problem.