Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PaySystems

PaySystems

Hi,

I am thinking of using Paysystems (myPaySystems as they are now called) and I was wondering.

Firstly have I got the details of the right account with them? If not, what is it?

What are they like as a payment processor?

How is their payment of funds to UK companys (if they charge a fee how much)?

Chargebacks, how often do they occur and what are there fees, has anyone had a chargeback?

How competitve are their fees when selling small amounts and large amounts (do you put a processing charge on your customers)?

Any good/bad experience of using them?

Thanks all

Hi Nigel - there is a e-commerce forum on this board. This question would probably be best suited there. Go thru that topic area & see what you come up with.

Moved to the e-commerce forum

Originally posted by coreybryant
    Hi Nigel - there is a e-commerce forum on this board. This question would probably be best suited there. Go thru that topic area & see what you come up with.
    Thanks, sorry, at least it is in the right forum now, I have searched but some material is out-of-date and I would like up-to-date opinions. Thanks

I've been with PaySystems for awhile now. Been pretty happy. They're going to improve things shortly by allowing YOUR name to be on the customer's charge statement. Also, they're supposed to settle funds every 3 days...........z
    Faster horses, yw, ow, mm......

Has anyone got any more opinions?

Thanks

PyaSystems is one of biggest third party processors. We use USD account but they could provide Sterling account but you can if you need.

Their system is good enough. We had a only a few chargebacks for 3 months. They charge no more than 6.5% from total order.

I can refer them.

Regards
    D.
    DawHB.com - Web Hosting Blog | VPSHostDir.com - VPS Hosting Media

I would absolutely not recommend them to my worst enemy. Please read above post. In addition to my experience with them, I spoke with several contacts who had very unfavorable dealings with them.

I chose to go with cdgcommerce and I am so glad I did! My business is not fully operational yet and won't be until August. However, in the meantime, Chris West has been unbelievable to work with as I set up my account, shopping cart, etc. He is very quick to respond and extremely helpful.
    Last edited by GraphxGirl; 05-20-2004 at 09:46 PM.

Are they a 3rd party processor? ......Thx, z

Is who a 3rd party processor? If you are referring to mypaysystems, then the answer is yes.

Actually paysystems is currently both.

Originally posted by GraphxGirl
    I would absolutely not recommend them to my worst enemy. Please read above post. In addition to my experience with them, I spoke with several contacts who had very unfavorable dealings with them.
    Well, you seem to have edited out the "above post" since then, so we'll never know. Could you go into some details? I'd be interested as I just signed up with them (haven't started using them yet).

GDO

Originally posted by zardiw
    I've been with PaySystems for awhile now. Been pretty happy. They're going to improve things shortly by allowing YOUR name to be on the customer's charge statement. Also, they're supposed to settle funds every 3 days...........z
    Where did you get this information? Is it true? If so, it will be great!!
    Professional Web Hosting Solutions
    www.iexpresshost.com
    Get serious about your business.
    Fax/Voice Mail 206-339-7080

Originally posted by IEH-Peter
    Where did you get this information? Is it true? If so, it will be great!!
    He might be speaking about having Paysystems move his account over from a third party processing to his own merchant account.

GraphixGirl......no...cdgcommerce.........et z

Peter. From PaySystems. They're sending out a letter to all their customers to that effect......And it applies to 3rd party customers!..................z

Paysystems made me a lot of "coming next week" promises when I signed up too - multiple currencies in one account, support for taxes, etc.

I would like to see an official Paysystems statement on exactly
    what is coming when.

My account is still in test mode because it is useless until all the promises are fulfilled.

I am satisfied with Paysystems, it does it job. Although their promise of free direct deposits to UK banks seems to be pie in the sky.
    Hostfolks Internet est. 2001
    VPS Solutions in 5 US and EU locations

Originally posted by coreybryant
    Actually paysystems is currently both.
    They're switching all clients to merchant accounts now... fun fun fun.
    Michael @ Qualserv Networks
    www.qualserv.net - quality hosting since 1998!

Bringing Web Hosting to a Personal Level

What does that mean? No more 3rd party??? Increased costs??? I'm a merchant (3rd party) with them, and haven't heard anything definite yet (mushroom..kept in the dark and fed BS......LOL).........Thx, z

Originally posted by zardiw
    What does that mean? No more 3rd party??? Increased costs???
    Costs are the same... I posted more info here:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=274632
    Michael @ Qualserv Networks
    www.qualserv.net - quality hosting since 1998!

Bringing Web Hosting to a Personal Level

heheh well this will mean they will earn more, and you know why, because they take 25 USD WireTransfer fee. So it will cost you more. I don't know what they're charging for checks.

WiredTransactions are all automatic, and it doesn't cost them 25 USD per WiredTransaction.

Why in heck would anyone use Paysys for their merchant account at their rates when you can save nearly 2% and like 15 cents per transaction going with CDGCommerce?

Oh yeah I'm going to "convert" my current paysystems to a merchants account with them at .35 per transaction and 5.5% when I have a merchant's account already with CDG at 2.9% and .20 per transaction, SURE SIGN ME UP hahahahahahaahahahhahaha
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

What other feasible options can non-US hosts choose from (other than 2checkout.com)?

GDO

WorldPay
    Chronopay --> real merchant account ---> Only for Companies based in European Countries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast