View Poll Results: What Control Panel should I offer standard?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Plesk 7 (30 domain)

2 7.14%
  • DirectAdmin

11 39.29%
  • Other

15 53.57%

What Control Panel to Offer?

I'm looking at offering my own line of dedicated servers and am considering including Plesk or Direct Admin standard. The Plesk license would be a 30 domain license, upgradeable to 100 for $10 a month extra, to 300 for $15 a month extra, and unlimited for $20 a month extra. Which should I offer, or should I spend the extra start-up money, to get enough licenses for good pricing, and get both?

I will also likely be offering cPanel for $35 a month extra even though I am not a huge fan of cPanel.

This question is regarding what I should offer standard though, DirectAdmin or Plesk 7 30 domain license. What is there a higher demand for, which do you personally prefer?
    Karl Zimmerman - Steadfast: Managed Dedicated Servers and Premium Colocation
    karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
    Now Open in New Jersey! - Contact us for New Jersey colocation or dedicated servers

cpanel? just because WHM is awesome
    but plesk is my favorite interface

How much for direct admin?

Originally posted by pang
    How much for direct admin?
    I'm planning on including it standard, so there would be no additional cost, but the overall cost IS lower for me. As for the people that seem to be voting other for cPanel, please read the post, I'm asking what I should offer standard, as we will be offering cPanel for $35 a month extra.
    Karl Zimmerman - Steadfast: Managed Dedicated Servers and Premium Colocation
    karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
    Now Open in New Jersey! - Contact us for New Jersey colocation or dedicated servers

Direct Admin is awesome, but Plesk has more name recognition among end users.
    Linux junkie | steward.io

DirectAdmin with the Installator software would be great.

Plesk

Ive been using Plesk for many years now and I must say im sticking with it. I know the Cpanel has some pretty features but just out of expierence I must recommend Plesk over the Cpanel.

Greetings:

If you want just another control panel, then any pick might be a good pick.

If you want complete hosting automation that allows you to have private label resellers (with complete automation for them), and a control panel... if you want to be able to manage various operating systems across multiple data centers... then pick H-Sphere from http://www.psoft.net/

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

Direct Admin is compact and growing rapidly, therefore I believe offering DA is a must

I would recommend Plesk.

I would highly reccommend cPanel. It has great customer recognition, and many many host's use it.

Next to cPanel comes DirectAdmin in my mental lineup. DA is growing rapidly and becoming more and more popular.

DirectAdmin...for your dedicated server offerings.

Or as Dynamicnet said, for a complete end to end virtual solution, take a look at H-Sphere.

Tom

Direct Admin is great. I am happy to see it is finally getting some recognition. You may want to look into Hsphere as well. Both offer some pretty reasonable pricing for resellers. Cpanel can cost you until you get some good #s going. Good luck.
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Email/MSN [email protected]
    Ceridius Networks - Reseller of Hivelocity Hosting
    Network Speed Test