I need a dedicated server and advice is kicking me out because of my UBB resource issue which I didn't honestly understand since I am currently using

12 GB of traffic monthly
    40 thousand files
    400MB of space

I just thought that was a cheap excuse to kick me out into their expensive dedicated service.

I guess it is time I venture into the world of "DEDICATED" servers.

I have checked couple of dedicated deals

One was from and the other was from a UK website I have also checked

What I need is advice on getting the best dedicated servers. What are the hidden "fine prints" I should watch out for.
    Any bad reputations? What do I need to get my own dedicated server?

If you can help, please don't hesitate. Your help is really appreciated.

Although we each have our own recommendations, I think you'll need a dedicated server itself and then a management package from one of the companies here on WHT. A management company can do various things, mainly keeping the software up to date.

Personally I can recommend ServerMatrix for dedicated servers and Rack911 for server management. I'm sure others will post their recommendations here as well.

Also, just start surfing the dedicated server forum here on WHT. When you see a provider mentioned, search for their reputation here and then view the packages they have available. It'd also be wise to check out the Host Down? forum to check the provider's uptime.

You could also try a Virtual Dedicated Server, which is one machine with different operating systems running on it at once. It's almost the intermediary step between web hosting and a full dedicated server.

Good luck!

A cheap servermatrix w/ cpanel would support that 100x over.

Thanks guys.

I need a dedicated server under $65 and I need an easy control panel since I don't know anything about linux.

Where should I turn to?

Try, they have full management bundled with the servers.

With that budget and your skill level in Linux, it might not really be a good idea to hop onto a dedicated server as it could be more trouble than its worth.

Firstly, Security and Optimization is a major issue with a hosted server. You get that through experience and knowledge. It is not something that a control panel would handle. A control panel merely automates the setting up of accounts and that is about it.

Security is extremely important because of the risk involved just by being connected to the web. It is like learning to drive in a race track in the midst of a competition.

Secondly, the $65 budget is a little low counting the fact that you are also looking for a server with a control panel. You might get something in that price range but it would be seriously limited in its features (hardware, bandwidth and configuration).

Frankly, I'll suggest you look for a semi-dedicated plan, this is still a shared virtual web site account with a larger resource allocation and should be managed. - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

For a managed server, would be the best choice.

You might want to look into a VPS. Dinix and Servint are 2 that come to mind.

I have been using servint and that has been excellent.

Seattle, WA
    It's probably not a cheap excuse to get you on dedicated. I believe UBB cpu usage is quite high if you're using the CGI version.
    You should try a large package or reseller account from a host and ask them ahead of time if their plans can handle your needs. Having to manage your own server or VDS is a big negative if you don't already know how to do this.

I was looking for the same thing over the last couple of days. I made my decision on UK2.Net
    I can explain why:
    if you try a traceroute, you will see that they are connected directly to LINX, while others are located in the states.
    I wanted to go for the cobalt raq3, but as I can see from these forums, its not woth it, so I have to go for the
    Linux Series 2400+, or 2.8+ RAID. This is too much for me at the moment.
    Please contact me if you are interested in sharing a server like that.

Guys, is something wrong with's 59 deal with Fadora ensim?

Is there something I am not getting?

Vaduk, how much do you need? cost?

Seattle, WA
    nomad, try using the search feature to research valueweb. The general opinion is that the network is good but support is a little slow. People who don't care about support seem to be pretty happy there. I haven't used them myself.

vaduk, its against forum rules to advertise outside of the advertising forums so you might want to watch that.