Redhat and Fedora? And other OS questions...

Hello, Is Fedora the same as Redhat? I meant, there's Redhat only and there's Fedora... what is the difference?

Also what's the difference between redhat, debian, and freebsd,

which one is better?

Well, I'll take these questions one-by-one, although the last is extremely vague.

Fedora is not the same as Redhat. Redhat is a company. They produced Redhat (the Linux distribution), which is no longer being produced. They now produce, and actively support Redhat Enterprise Linux, their "enterprise" version of Redhat.

Fedora is a spin-off project started and unofficially supported by RedHat.

Now, to your next questions, which are basically one in the same:

Redhat and Debian are Linux distributions
    FreeBSD is a BSD Unix distribution

You will get so many opinionated reponses on "which one is better?" Trust me -- asking that will not help you. Each has their advantages:

Redhat is corporate, so if you buy their product, it comes with some official support, and you can buy more of it.

Debian (in my opinion) is a very powerful Linux distribution, and my Linux of choice -- very versitile, with a strong community backing.

FreeBSD is not a Linux, it's a BSD Unix -- quite a bit different. FreeBSD has claimed it's stake in servers, due to its long-standing reputation as being very stable and secure.

ic... so is Fedora Linux too?

Yes, Fedora is a Linux distribution.