Thread: Opinion

Widnes, England

This is template I recently made for free. I would just like to know what you think.

Note: I didn't take a long time on this. There may be some problems. I would make sure everything was fine if it was a paid template.

Anyway, check it out:

Thanks for your thoughts.

Hey Jackson,

Well, im probably not the person to ask because im probably one of the biggest design critics around.

But I will be honest with you. Here it goes.

Overall, its not a bad design. One thing really stood out to me when the page was loading and that was your grey and white "scan line" background. Right now, you have it setup so that it is looking messed up at the bottom of the header and the top of the footer. To me, it just draws attention from the focal point of the page.

The navigation is the one thing on a page that needs to be readable, I see you definitly like that font, but you might want to try a font that you can increase in size a bit, or give some padding around the text on the navigation so that the text is a bit more readable. A darker color on the navigation text would help alot.

If you're going to use a tech style of font on the navigation and other places, keep it that way on the body of the document with a san serif font like tahoma, verdana, or arial. I see that you have set the font to verdana, but you set it wrong in your code:

What you have: <FONT SIZE=1 STYLE=verdana>

What is should be: <font size="-1" face="verdana">

Or even better: <td style="font-family:verdana;size:11px;">
    (font tags suck)

With your shoutbox on the right, I would make the width span 100% of the column that you have there and maybe take off the border.

Other than that, I think you're on your way to good design. Well done man and keep the creative juices flowing.

Toulouse, France
    not a bad design overall, but I do not think that the use of frames is necessary.

Moved to the "Web Site Reviews" Forum.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Widnes, England
    Ok, like I said, it was just a quick, free design.

I would normaly use <td style="font-family:verdana;size:11px;">

But that is using the "quick" word. As I said I done it quick.

I used frame, because it was an easy way to have it 100% height.

Thats all really. And for the colours of the buttons. I asked if I should change, but he said they were fine how they are.

Anyway, great thanks for your opinions.