Thread: Welcome E-mail

Angry Welcome E-mail

What's the most you've waited for a welcome e-mail from a new web host?

I'm currently at the 48 hour mark without a reply. I sent a followup e-mail at 24 hours, but stil nothing. First month hosting through Paypal was complete at sign up.

In the past, I've never waited more than 24 hours. What do you think?

Move on 24 hours tops.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

After 48hrs with no response, it's obvious how much business means to them.
    Cory Pippen
    San Diego Direct Web, LLC
    1-866-611-3604

48 hours? That's a bit over the top. You should certainly expect to receive a welcome email within 24 hours tops - and that's pushing it...

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

I would say within 48 hours, max, though realistically it shouldn't be any less than 24 hours. I typically do mine right while the customer's on the phone with me, so they get their's within 2 hours after initial signup.
    Doug Hazard - "retired" Web Hosting Master
    * Full Stack (Web/WP) Dev for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond (160+ sites)
    * Sports Photographer, Media Personality and CFB Historian
    * Tech Admin for several Sports Networks/Sites

48 hours max, only as an exception and followed by an apology and an explanation.

12 to 24 hours max
    Domain Maven

They must be doing manually signups and the administrator/owner is still probably sleeping! i think you should get another host asap! i wonder how their support would be

Originally posted by Yaser
    They must be doing manually signups and the administrator/owner is still probably sleeping! i think you should get another host asap! i wonder how their support would be
    It may be that they have a billing deptmartment that works from 9-5. This doesn't mean the support is bad.
    Gary Jones

BlueFur.com - Canada Web Hosting

Originally posted by Yaser
    Absolutely nothing wrong with doing manual signups. Nor for one man shows, either. It CAN be done. As a matter of fact, more and more people are tired of big business and are starting to look to us smaller guys. Why? Customer Service. NOTHING will ever beat out customer service... ever.
    Doug Hazard - "retired" Web Hosting Master
    * Full Stack (Web/WP) Dev for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond (160+ sites)
    * Sports Photographer, Media Personality and CFB Historian
    * Tech Admin for several Sports Networks/Sites

wasn't this thread begun because of a customer service issue?

My record was 72 hours.

24 hours after sign up to get the 'payment link' to pay at 2CO, and 48 hours for the e-mail to arrive after sign up.
    New site: www.talkutas.com

Hello...

Are you sure they get your email..?? Because sometimes we have to consider other things probably they have a problem with mail server, DDOS attack or IP Banned by SpamCop.

I think, you should try to contact them by phone or fax and not simply make assumption this and that...

Thanks...
    MyLabuan Web Design and WordPress Hosting : Shared & Reseller Hosting|VPS Hosting|Email Backup Services|Domain Services
    Join Us : MyLabuan FB

Once you do get your welcome email, shoot them a few emails on different days at different times of the day. If you are finding a similar slow response pattern, it might be in your best interest to find a new host.

That being said, you haven't specified what you are paying a month. If you're only paying $1 or so a month, I wouldn't think 48 hours is a bad response time. In fact, i'd think any response at all is a good sign!!

Hope it all works out for you.

If you're only paying $1 or so a month, I wouldn't think 48 hours is a bad response time. In fact, i'd think any response at all is a good sign!!
    LOL. It's true though... How much time out of anyone's life can you buy for $1? 3-6 minutes tops.

you may want to call them or email them again. I've had a problem with a customer now and again for some reason the welcome email was being blocked by a spam filter. AOL email addresses are the worst I've found due to AOL's strict spam filters.

our welcome emails are sent out immediately upon payment, so we'd get normally a 24 second wait after payment
    Joe
    www.DollarWebHosting.Biz
    |:| Shared |:| Reseller |:| Dedicated |:|

Originally posted by Professor
    Once you do get your welcome email, shoot them a few emails on different days at different times of the day. If you are finding a similar slow response pattern, it might be in your best interest to find a new host.

lol, oh great advice to tell a new client to immediately start wasting a hosts time on "testing them" and showing yourself as a PITA client.

not

ps when my clients complete the signup form, it immediately redirects them to a thank you page which explains the exact process and what to do if they dont hear from me/us within 12 hours. it also explains that NO orders will be filled until payments have cleared. but it also gives our contact and support info.
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

Originally posted by LaurenStephens
    lol, oh great advice to tell a new client to immediately start wasting a hosts time on "testing them" and showing yourself as a PITA client.

not

ps when my clients complete the signup form, it immediately redirects them to a thank you page which explains the exact process and what to do if they dont hear from me/us within 12 hours. it also explains that NO orders will be filled until payments have cleared. but it also gives our contact and support info.
    good point! getting a bunch of requests to "hey my server seems weird can you look at it" would get annoying to the host

good idea about the thankyou page... I'll have to edit mine to provide a bit more details of the "just in case" scenario.
    Joe
    www.DollarWebHosting.Biz
    |:| Shared |:| Reseller |:| Dedicated |:|

Some of these times are amazing, I think 4 hours is the longest any of our clients have ever had to wait!

Dave