San Francisco, CA

Feedback on my pricing schedule

I was wondering if I could get some feedback on my my hosting packages pricing? Is it over-priced or fair? Should I add more features to each package in terms of disk space, bandwidth and/or other features to stay competitive?

From you experience how would you rank what potential web hosting customers look for in terms of features/pricing?

./Southest Missouri
    It really depends on your market. If you're aiming for local business, competing with other companies focused on local customers, then as long as you're in line with them, you'll likely have no problems.

On the other hand, if you take packages like that and try to compete on a global scale, I'd be surprised if you got very many clients just from browsing your site.

Take a look at what other REPUTABLE hosts are offering/charging, and stay near that. Sure you can get away with offering less for more, but only to an extent.

Good luck.

Hello there,

Your hosting prices need to be able to comfortably cover all server costs and other raw materials used to run your business. So you need to work with your prices for a while, and package to see which the best price is for each package so that once enough clients are generated you will cover all the servers costs and break even.

Now, hopefully you will get your prices just about right and possibly earn a small profit. Once you have earned the profit, you can then try different prices for new clients once your popularity builds.

Good luck.

AdWatcher.NET - Ad Monitoring & Tracking

David Ogilvy said, 'I know half of my advertising works. I just don't know which half'. Would you like to know if YOUR prospects are reacting to your ads? Find out now!