Question Any decent hosts with month to month rates?

I am looking for something with 200mg+ space, mysql, php/perl. For 5-8 bucks and don't want to pay for the whole year. It seems like most pages are misleading, no sign ups but you have to pay in full for 12 months. Any good suggestions?

Most companies do month to month...but you can not post here looking for hosting services. some people have sites in thier sigs you can check out if you like. or you can use the WTH search.
    Charles R. Wieland
    Chief Technical Officer
    Phima Group, LLC

Atlanta, Jawja
    Definitely check around, there's quite a few hosts that do month to month. Also, make use of the Host Quote above. Also, please use the search feature for anyone that you're interested in.

Remember, on this board, no news is generally good news. Don't limit your research to just WHT. Although WHT's excellent for getting up to date information, and doesn't rely on pay per rating for hosts, there are other sites (start with Google) that can help you make your decision.
    Douglas Hazard - Certifiable Sports Junkie and Sports Community Enthusiast

Host of Two Cents Radio - Follow @TwoCentsRadio on Twitter (@BearlyDoug on Twitter)

Every host (almost every) will do month to month - As a policy (in order to avoid problems) we only accept month by month clients..

Talk to TRNDouglas (posted above) - great guy and solid company..

As Andrew has mentioned, most hosting companies will allow you to pay month-to-month. This will give you some time to get a feel for the host before you lock in for longer periods of time.

You wouldn't buy a car without giving it a test drive first, right?

At any rate, hosts can't respond to requests on the forum anymore, but I would recommend taking a look in the Shared Hosting Offers forum.

Good luck., a Digitally Justified Company
    Celebrating our 9th year in Business

Proudly Hosting with CANADIAN bandwidth
    Managed Hosting, Multi-Domain Hosting, Colocation, Merchant Accounts

Also, what are your bandwidth requiremnts...?
    Excell Hosting
    Budget Hosting

Goleta, CA
    Only month to month here as well. Yearly causes too many problems.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

EU - east side
    Month to month is easy to find as most hosts allow it. In fact, just as pixel_fenix, many only accept month to month. It's safer for both the client and the host.

Talk to TRNDouglas (posted above) - great guy and solid company..
    I concur. TRNDouglas is a very serious guy, upfront and sincere. I chat with him on MSN from time to time and he never seizes to amaze me. Definitely a trustworthy guy.