1. I was thinking of starting with a reseller, although i have about 5 sites of my own that use up approx 20-30 gig a month... ive tried the WHT quote thing but dont what to be looking for.
Consider the following factors when choosing a host:
2) Space/Bandwidth/etc features
3) Quality of Service
2. I need a reseller with enough b/w to cover my sites and clients - gona need space and b/w for clients so i can pay off server...
Just choose a big package, or start small and upgrade as needed!
3. how can i get my clients to pay me through a subscription sort of thing..... any free scripts apart from paypal....?
You won't find anything free that allows you to proccess payments via CC or Paypal. However, there are a few applications (ex: phpCoin) that are free that you can integrate with Paypal to setup subscriptions.
5. any reccomendations for a big enough reseller?
Just search arround and read reviews... A LOT of reviews
Resellers can only last a certain amount of time, because as you get more and more popular and more clients purchase your hosting, you will need to obviously upgrade. You can keep on upgrading a reseller, however at one stage it will be more cost affective for you to purcahse a dedicated server, especially if you are experienced with it.
I recommened starting small with enough room for expansion and then move to a small dedicated server, and see how it goes from there.
All the best of luck!
AdWatcher.NET - Ad Monitoring & Tracking
David Ogilvy said, 'I know half of my advertising works. I just don't know which half'. Would you like to know if YOUR prospects are reacting to your ads? Find out now!