Police arrest 96 year old woman in cocaine bust

Ananova:
    Police arrest 96-year-old in cocaine bust

A 96-year-old woman is facing drug charges after police allegedly found crack cocaine in her wheelchair.

Julia Roberts, of North Carolina, is charged with possession of crack with intent to sell and deliver, and with possessing a crack pipe.

Sheriff's Office Captain, Bobby Steen, said the pensioner, her son and two other men traded the drugs for stolen jewellery and guns.

The woman's son, Harold, 61, is charged with possession of stolen goods.

Ms Roberts says she has no idea how the crack got in her wheelchair. She's due in court later this month.

According to court papers, an informant told police she'd hidden crack in her prosthetic leg during a previous search by officers.
    Gone.

I believe her, shes 96! She gets a get out of jail free ticket just because of her age....
    SkyLineHost.com
    ▓ ▓ Shared hosting that soars above the competition
    ▓ ▓ ▓ Based in Los Angeles. sales@skylinehost.com

"Julia Roberts"

Hahaha. What's next "96 year old woman charged in drive by shooting with wheelchair, She hid the gun in her prosthetic leg"

If she is guilty then she should be punished as anybody else would be but because she's unlikely to handle prison she should get a heavy fine.

Sounds like her family tree has a few knots in it.
    The Hostworks:: Offering Managed and Unmanaged VPS
    Shared Web Hosting and Managed E-Mail security services.
    24/7 Support :: 10 year anniversary coming soon!

Are you either exempt from the laws, or exempt from possibly being able to break the laws once you hit a certain age?

Nope.. But, you should take age into consideration at a certain point and give them a different punishment. Sending a 96 year old lady to prison is awful. Regardless of what she did, she don't need to spend her last days locked up. Send her to a home or something
    Money is the root of all evil. So if you don't want to go crazy, give it all to me

Home, prison same thing. They both stay in a room all day.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

Nah.. Not the same thing. You may stay in a room all day, but its not the same thing.
    Money is the root of all evil. So if you don't want to go crazy, give it all to me

True, in prison she'll have people to talk to.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

Originally posted by JWise
    Nope.. But, you should take age into consideration at a certain point and give them a different punishment. Sending a 96 year old lady to prison is awful. Regardless of what she did, she don't need to spend her last days locked up. Send her to a home or something
    You're right, its probably better that she spends her last days snorting coke, and probably selling it to kids..

What a great role model there... A+ citizen
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

You took what I side and flipped it totally around.. I said nothing about snorting coke and selling it to kids. I knew someone was going to reply with some nonsense like that.

Its just that, Prison isn't the right place to put her.

You took what I side and flipped it totally around.. I said nothing about snorting coke and selling it to kids. I knew someone was going to reply with some nonsense like that.

Its just that, Prison isn't the right place to put her.
    Sorry for flipping it around, so here's your chance, what do you think is the right punishment for her?
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

Sorry for flipping it around, so here's your chance, what do you think is the right punishment for her?
    Sending a 96 year old lady to prison is awful. Regardless of what she did, she don't need to spend her last days locked up. Send her to a home or something

Originally posted by Trifolic

Lets use something called Common Sense.

Do a 96 Year Old Woman belong in a prison? Yes , If so.. then
    A 14 Year Old boy belongs in Prison then? Right? Yes?

The point is.. Yes, she should be punished, and not let off the hook, but the thing is, this person should be sent to the right facility. Prison is stressful man. Regardless of what she did, its not healthy to put a 96 Year old woman in prison, where its stressful. Heart Attacks, Heart Attacks...

Lets switch it over a little.. What if your 96 Year old Great Grandmother who you was close to was about to go to Prison. Would you want her to go to prison, or some kind of home.

Its alot of people that are in prison with people who they don't belong with..

P.S - I know that wasn't a real apology. But hey, nice way to try and switch around my reply.

If my grandama was in spot, i would hope she gets send to federal poundmeintheass prison just because thats what she deserves. she knew the consequences of what she was doing and deserves to live them.

Lets use something called Common Sense.

Do a 96 Year Old Woman belong in a prison? Yes , If so.. then
    A 14 Year Old boy belongs in Prison then? Right? Yes?
    A 14 year old boy would go in a Juvenile Delinquents Center.

So, that said;
    Yes, if she is guilty, she should be sent to prison.

Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time. Regardless of age.

Simon
    EIRCA Ltd, home of The Genius Network™.

his point is that since we have a special type of facility for minors,
    we should have a special type of facility for the elderly, too.

atleast, that's what i got from it.
    yep.

^ Right...

Basically im saying.. Instead of prison, the woman should go to a home. That is still punishment. A home isn't exactly FUN from what I heard.

Come on.. Picture a 96 year old woman, in the yards,taking showers with everyone else, and walking around in an orange suit.

She should be sent to another punishment facility and not prison.