Best reseller *period* - welcome reviews

I am not here to advertise or looking for the best cheap reseller account. I just want to know flat out the best reseller someone has had experience with. I am trying to stray away from "cheaper is better" resellers, but if they exsist please add them on. I'd like a quick review in the area of:

1. Name of company - stick URL here too
    2. Customer Support - such as response time, helpfulness, experience, knowledge of subject.
    3. Features - Bandwidth, Space, additional options, database support, etc...
    4. Price - Simple.
    5. Review - Write a litte something with a X/5 star rating.

I'd like to be a post of the best of the best. Not, "Oh I hated this company." Nothing negative about a company. I am only doing this because I know everything is spread out across the forum. I'd think it be nice to have it one place.

Thanks,

JT Archie

Re: Best reseller *period* - welcome reviews

1. Name of company -

UltraUnix.net

2. Customer Support -

Though response time on their trouble tickets may take a while, Wong is very friendly and available on Yahoo/AOL IM. He has been patience and very helpful when I first signed on, and I can't ask for anything more!

3. Features -

3gb/25gb w/ fantastico & rvskin (no more crappy cpskins)

4. Price -

$15.99 (little more expensive than my previous host, but the DC is much better than The Planet in my opinion).

5. Review -

4/5 stars ... no one is perfect ... overall, i have no complaints.

Are we allowed to post host plan specs here?

Mulder
    Quentin Moore - TechRanker.net (Site re-launch coming soon)
    Best Tech Gadget Reviews | Mobile App Reviews | Comparison Charts
    Admin @ TechRanker.net | @ TechRanker | TechRanker.net

As long as you're a customer and not the host

1. Name of company

Autica.com (a midphase.com company)

2. Customer Support - such as response time, helpfulness, experience, knowledge of subject.

Fast and helpful support responses.

3. Features - Bandwidth, Space, additional options, database support, etc...

10GB/65GB, free client billing and support software, 800 number (866, actually), active support forum, plus all the usual unlimited hosting features.

4. Price - Simple.

$45/mo

5. Review - Write a litte something with a X/5 star rating.

I'll give them an 8.5/10.0. They would score higher if they added the following:

Overselling or more bandwidth
    H-Sphere
    unbranded docs for resellers (welcome email, TOS, or at least free reuse of their web site content)
    free eNom Account
    discount on modernbill

Mulder

Midphase is too paranoid with ssh.
    www.handreach.net -- taking care of your web site

Re: Re: Best reseller *period* - welcome reviews

Originally posted by kubicle
    1. Name of company - UltraUnix

2. Customer Support -

Though response time on their trouble tickets may take a while, Wong is very friendly and available on Yahoo/AOL IM. He has been patience and very helpful when I first signed on, and I can't ask for anything more!

5. Review -

4/5 stars ... no one is perfect ... overall, i have no complaints.
    gotta agree that, Wong is the most friendly host I've ever had experience with and I'm never left wondering about whats going on with the company.

Originally posted by handreach
    Midphase is too paranoid with ssh.

You can never be to careful with SSH A bad SSH policy can cause
    more headachs than you could imagine.
    ---
    Dan Ushman
    Co-founder & CMO
    SingleHop, Inc.

Dan,

I consider you guys being too causious because the Jailshell coming with Cpanel has already been limited to have very narrow functions.

I built most of my new websites in PHP and Perl, so I have to modify and debug PHP/Perl scripts a lot. It's not like a static web page that you can easily modify and tested in your local windows machine and upload to the web server in one or a few shots. It will be too much hassle for a programmer to ftp his scripts back and forth frequently without a shell window.

Thanks for the comments, but the policy has been in place for a long
    time and we have to stick too it for a number of reasons.

We do offer SSH and Jailed Shell, and anyone can get it by faxing
    in a simple form...

We no longer limit it to US and Canada only.

Hope that helps. Anyways, have a good night.
    ---
    Dan Ushman
    Co-founder & CMO
    SingleHop, Inc.

Thanks, Dan. I understand it's a policy of your company. What I heard from your customer service department is, for a reseller account with multiple domains, in order to make each individual domain have a seperate ssh account, one has to fire a seperate application form for each of them, which means extra efforts and paying extra application fees ($10+ each application I remember). That could keep a potential customer away, IMHO.

Anyway, just my point of view. I know from WHT that you guys have a great company and lots of customers like your service.

Thanks, Dan. I understand it's a policy of your company. What I heard from your customer service department is, for a reseller account with multiple domains, in order to make each individual domain have a seperate ssh account, one has to fire a seperate application form for each of them, which means extra efforts and paying extra application fees ($10+ each application I remember). That could keep a potential customer away, IMHO.

Anyway, just my point of view. I know from WHT that you guys have a great company and lots of customers like your service.
    Thanks for the kind words.

Feedback is good, next time I meet w/ my partners I'll discuss
    this a bit.

Any ways, have a good night (like I'll ever get to bed)
    ---
    Dan Ushman
    Co-founder & CMO
    SingleHop, Inc.

Originally posted by midphase-Dan
    Thanks for the kind words.

Feedback is good, next time I meet w/ my partners I'll discuss
    this a bit.

Any ways, have a good night (like I'll ever get to bed)
    Ask them to give us some more bandwidth while you're at it!

Someone should put together a table containing the plans, features, and prices of the WHT popular reseller hosts. I can't do it because I'll be too busy playing with my new, free eNom account!!! (Thanks Zak)

Mulder

I've just started using Whoblue.com and while I can not comment on everything. Asking questions over e-mail and the quick and understandable responses amazed me. So far so good and I will post more about them in a few months when I've had time with them.

you mean bluewho.com?

Yes, I mean Bluewho. Sorry, been a very long last couple of days. I am very worn out. My opinion so far hasn't changed.

Originally posted by zerodamage
    I've just started using Whoblue.com
    Should’ve registered that

Thanks for your review

I spent 2 weeks looking for a good reseller. Finally settled on Reseller-Center.com. Been very happy. I don't think you'll find better support anywhere, but then again, I haven't checked out the new resellers that have come out since Oct 2003.........and no, I don't work for them................z
    Faster horses, yw, ow, mm......

An hosting server is not a dev. server.
    Make your tests on a local machine ...
    Or take a VPS ...

Dan,
    I built most of my new websites in PHP and Perl, so I have to modify and debug PHP/Perl scripts a lot. It's not like a static web page that you can easily modify and tested in your local windows machine and upload to the web server in one or a few shots. It will be too much hassle for a programmer to ftp his scripts back and forth frequently without a shell window.
    Laurent J.V. Dubois
    Your French Business Partner