Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

FrozenHosting.com :: My Mistake

Ok, well I have been hosting my 5 sites with Frozenhosting.com for two months, and I just want out as quickly as possible.

The price was not bad, and their support was pretty good in the beginning.

Throughout the first month everything was good, alittle downtime here and there but nothing to really impact my sites. The downtimes would never exceed 10 minutes. Then it comes time to pay for another month, and I gladly do it.

Now this is when things get bad. The sites are going down for a few hours a day, and I cannot reach anyone at Frozenhosting.....

Either the sites are down, or they are up but having major MySql issues. I begin my search for a new host, find one, purchase hosting and get ready to transfer. But they are still down, and I cannot get a backup...

Last couple days have passed and I can never catch a time when my sites are up so I can get a backup.. My members of my Online Game are bombarding me with e-mail and im complaints. I cannot do any work on my sites. And of course I'm losing $ from advertising, and my online gaming store.

To make things worst, I just had been a victim of fraud on paypal. A buyer has claimed I never delivered their virtual items on an online game. But when Paypal went to go check out my site, it was up, but it had in huge text "This site has been suspended for violating TOS"....

So now they think I am in the wrong, and I am screwed because I spend some of the money on the extra month of hosting, so they will just take it directly out my bank account to give back to the person ripping me off.

To make things worse, I finally got an email from frozenhosting.com telling me that particular site was suspending for having an EggDrop on it...

My first response.. "What is an eggdrop?" Did some research and found out its an irc bot. I never used irc before, and know nothing about it. I highly doubt an irc bot was on my site...

Moving right along, I reply to them but their sites were down at the time and the email wouldn't go through. And also it was my birthday yesteday.

So basically, I get screwed by another host.

Now comes the waiting process to just get my sites transfered to a new host.

Thanks for reading this.

Regards,
    -Doug S.
    *irritated*

Sorry to hear about your experiences - good luck with your new host and happy birthday for yesterday!

Andrew
    NetHosted - UK based hosting solutions.

Yikes, I'm sorry to hear about your problems with FH. Looks like Elliot is devoting most of his time to other things.. Maybe school? Who knows.

Frozenhosting sold out to accunet =/ a hand full of frozen customers came to us were still waiting on backups of there files.

What!? When did this happen?

Will I be able to get my backups from them? I wasn't even notified. Oh well, as long as I get my sites back I will be happy. They can keep what I paid for this month...

Any idea when I might hear something?

Regards,
    -Doug

You could try and contact accunet I suppose... They will be able to confirm or not the acquisition of frozenhosting and help you if it is within their power.

Good luck solving this very complicated situation Duskwalker!

I have contacted Rob@Acunett regarding clients that need to transfer sites over to us and he told me to get in touch with Elliot.

BTW, the server is pingable now but service seems down.

I really hope the get the backups available soon some of the clients that came over said that Acunett said some time tonight so lets cross our fingers!

I hope you have a much better experience with Acunett! Rob and Ronny are great people.

Hello, it may not be until this time tomorrow until the data is available. Elliot and our team are working as fast as possible.

I'm sure with Robert on the job servers will be up and running soon.
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Robert is a good guy, im sure he will handle it.

Robert? Call me Rob.

Hmm having some trouble recovering the data?

Yes, we are having problems because many of the configuration files containing passwords, etc havebeen cirrput by this virus.

Are you going to offer the same packages Frozen was offering at the same prices?
    CentexWeb.net - Webhosting Services
    Austin, TX
    www.centexweb.net

Yes sir, we are under the FWH name.

Well looks like everything may work out for me.

I believe it would of saved us alot of headaches if we were notified of the expected downtime. So I could of had time to contact my members.

Well, I guess I will just play/tweak with scripts and layouts for upcoming sites I am working on while I wait.

Regards,
    -Doug

but are they thinking what they have done? my clients sitting without websites. email doesnt work. clients bombing me with calls. f..... its a hell here. heh
    frozenhosting.com sold? hmm.. he couldnt inform costumers about it? its very hard? yeh... its understandable.

Glad I left weeks before...
    New site: www.talkutas.com

Originally posted by e-view
    but are they thinking what they have done? my clients sitting without websites. email doesnt work. clients bombing me with calls. f..... its a hell here. heh
    frozenhosting.com sold? hmm.. he couldnt inform costumers about it? its very hard? yeh... its understandable.
    No, if you would read the thread as well as the others you have posted in, you would see that we are not close to being done.

How about those backups? When are they going to be ready?

Elliot is emailing all clients with updates shortly.

What makes companies believe they have the right to "sell' customers in the first place?
    Moreover, why would this be done without an email in advance of the "'sale?" Were a host to sell or transfer my account without my consent, I would certainly seek immediate and injunctive legal remedy...

cowabunga,

The clients were not sold, the company was sold. The clients are not being transferred without their consent either.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast