300gb transfer
    30Gb Disk space
    Cpanel/WHM
    100mbit line
    Linux Redhat
    Php/Mysql
    Unl. Ftp

40$/month

Is this a good deal? or do u know of one with better connection, more transfer/disk space for a bit more or less? i'd like to know

That's very cheap.

Andrew
    NetHosted - UK based hosting solutions.

At that rate, I would suspect moderate overselling. Even if they get 1200 gigs of traffic allowance a month, that only means they're bringing in about $160 a month. After processor fees, that figure's closer to $150 a month. If their server costs $120 a month, that means they only make $30 profit, after expenses. What host is going to settle for $30 profit a month per machine? I'd have to have 100 servers to make a sustainable living at that rate. This is just for bandwidth, mind you... we haven't even covered the storage space aspect yet.

More than likely, if every person utilized their full plan specs, someone's (a few people, honestly) will get shafted. Please seek a host that charges around $1.00 - $2.50 per gig of bandwidth, if you want to stay away from hosts that tend to moderately/majorly oversell their servers.
    Douglas Hazard - Certifiable Sports Junkie and Sports Community Enthusiast

Host of Two Cents Radio - Follow @TwoCentsRadio on Twitter (@BearlyDoug on Twitter)

I think he is just hoping you dont use the 300GB of xfer and if you do he is gonna hurt himself or hurt one of his other customers.
    Charles R. Wieland
    Chief Technical Officer
    Phima Group, LLC
    http://www.phimagroup.com

Be careful. It's definitely a good deal. But possibly too good.
    DreamLogic Cult Film and Music Reviews
    STOPware - Visitor Management solutoins

Well like TRN said if someone is buying 1200 GIGs of bandwidth and they are selling 300 of it that fast for 40 bucks a month just makes me alittle curious is all
    Charles R. Wieland
    Chief Technical Officer
    Phima Group, LLC
    http://www.phimagroup.com

Ok, then which hosting provider is most reliable, has best service/speed and most important of all uptime, data transfer limit and disk space!
    the server MUST include whm/cpanel! and unlimited domains/emaiul/ftp/subdomain the more features the better ...
    If any could reply soon it would be good, the site is launching tomorrow

Bas

There are several out there you may want to check host quotes above or links in people signatures to shop around but if that is a true "friend" and not some guy calling you buddy to get you to purchase hosting that may just be a special deal he worked out for you .. keep that in mind as well.
    DSL WebHosting Solutions
    Fast Affordable WebHosting Solutions
    24/7/365 Support

Seems cheap to me as well..

However, if it really is a friend he may be just hooking you up with a great deal.

I have a good friend that I set up with a nice site (more than he needs) for virtually nothing.

If it's a deal you saw on a site I'd be a little curious.. if it really is a friend he probably just set up a special deal for you.

Just my 2 cents.

You do not want to do business with this host. This can be solved using common sense. Stay far away from this host.
    Cory Pippen
    San Diego Direct Web, LLC
    1-866-611-3604

If you are seriously considering that "deal", please PM me as I have some land in florida that is also a good deal!

TRN Douglas explained it wonderfully. The numbers indicate that overselling will be used. What is more troublesome is that growth is very unlikely to be sustainable. Douglas didn't even bother to add the various other expenses that a host has. They would make things even worse than they already look.

I agree with everyone, your friend is overselling
    If you are looking to spend 40$ a month then you should go to www.ispcheck.com or www.thewhir.com to check out companies

overselling a lot... I wouldnt buy it.

Thats so cheap but be careful. First do a search on different Hosting Directories to find the best host before choosing anyone who give you more space and bandwidth on less prices.
    I also searching for a good host on different directories.

Good Luck

Just out of curiousity, do you NEED 300 gigs of transfer? I look at my servers and I don't see a server (as in a server FULL of web sites, some with over 300) that uses over 200 gigs a month, and the busiest site I host does around 110 gigs a month (it has it's own server). So do you NEED that 300? Or do you need more like 2 or 3 gigs of transfer? If all you NEED is a few gigs, then that's too expensive, if you really need 300 you'll probably cripple his server and he'll turn your account off.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck