What do you guys do about this...

As a Reseller do you host your companies webpage with a different hosting provider than the one you host your clients webpages with....

Is this a good or bad idea...

Ontario, Canada
    I have seen some companies for instance httpme had a backup site if their were server problems at Sometimes you can have your mainpage on a different server. However that doesn't work for us for instance because our helpdesk system has to be on the same server as our mail so that piping works....I guess it depends really...
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

United States
    It depends upon the situation of course, but often that is a good idea to have some form of backup if things go down. I wouldn't quite go so far as saying that it's something a reseller must do, but it certainly wouldn't hurt if you can afford to do it.

However, you'd want to make sure that it's with a good provider.

That's a good idea. I am going to move my main website to a different place and the ticket system to a dfferent place.

Moving your support system to a different server is a VERY good idea. This way, your support will always be available when your server goes down, unless of course the server it is on goes down.

However, it is a good idea to keep your main web page on the server hosting your clients, this way you know how the server is doing (speed, accessibility....) unless you have a monitor.

Hope that helps.
    Cory Pippen
    San Diego Direct Web, LLC

I would totally recomend it as most hosting companies have there sites pretty seperate from there customers for that very reason if your customers site go down then you need to be able to support them and at least let them know whats going on. If they see your down too they might start jumping ship.