Lypha Stikes Again ...

I had cancelled my "membership" with Lypha earlier in the month and opened an account with another hosting provider. In opening the account I asked that the nameservers be changed to reflect my new hosting provider. As of today, a week later, the nameservers have not been changed. I have attempted to contact Lypha through voicemail, fax and email with no response - no only faxing to the Lypha Network but also to Imhosted. They also seem to own the domain registration provder DNSPROTECT which has been of no help either.

I have had nothing but problems with Lypha from the start but have hung around because they seemed like they were getting better but now it has gone right back to problems. The phone number is listed in Washington State while the mailing address is in Florida. I have looked for alternative numbers or contact information and have come up with none.

Needless to say, I have been without my website and email for over a week now and am losing money and business because of it. Who can I contact (a real person) that can make the nameserver change so I can put Lypha behind me? Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

i've found from too many customers registering a domain name through a web hosting provider 99% of the time is a waste. you cant administer the domain yourself.

try the info from their webpage:

General:
    206-600-6855 (voicebox)
    206-600-6955 (fax)
    Monday-Friday 9am - 5pm;
    Saturday 9am - 1pm

other option do a whois on your domain name, see who the registrar comes out to be, maybe you'll get lucky
    Joe
    www.DollarWebHosting.Biz
    |:| Shared |:| Reseller |:| Dedicated |:|

I think your best bet would be to go to another domain registrar and request a transfer to their registrar from your old one.

I would recommend a reseller that works with OpenSRS, since that way you are provided online management of your domain name(s), so later on you can change your own nameservers. :-) --- Others will let you do this to, I just like OpenSRS's setup.