Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Frozenhosting.com

It would seem to me Forzenhosting.com is down I usually visit a site daily hosted by them and it's down plus there site.

Such a shame!

Yea, I think their server is down due to kernel / hardware issue.

Hmm, looks like it.

well, I've got sites hosted with them and they are up. so it's not their whole network

The Dallas server was taken down last night to recover from a virus that infected the system. To my knowledge, all data is still secure and is being copied over to our servers today. Please view this: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=273395

Let me know if you have any questions.

My site has been down now for over 12 hours, and I have lost over $800 in advertising that I have had to refund becuase of it. I was NOT informed of a sale or aquisition, and the outages over the past 2 weeks have had us shopping as it was. The worst part is when I was talking to Frozenhosting last night, they did not even tell me then (when the site was already down) that they were going through a sale.

This has been totally unacceptable service, and if I was not waiting on my cpanel backup files to get them from the server (FOR THE SERVICE I HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR), I would already be at a new provider. Trust me, I have been very patient on this. This is not a post out of the blue because I just lost my site for the first time....

I really hope that Accunet does a better job, and depending on if I can have a converstation with them prior to agreeing to continue service with them, I might give them a chance.

I noticed you guys just recently acquired Frozenhosting so how does that effect the pricing on the new acquired customers?

The pricing will remain the same. Once ServerMatrix performs our OS reload and we can copy the data onto the new drive we will be able to have the server up as normal. The plans were to notify FWH customers of this early yesterday but the hardware/kernel problems began with Exim not loading properly.

The OS reload is almost complete from what The Planet is telling me now. We should have all the data copied over to the new drive soon after.

so when do us frozenhosting customers get an announcement on this sale and what it effects?

the pricing at acunett is way above what I'm paying now at frozenhosting.

i need to know.

I just picked up a reseller pack from Frozenhost less than 4 days ago. Was told nothing about this I Picked up the reseller pack likeing the prices and from what I have read on WHT ( not talking the last 2 weeks) everything was good people liked the service. I picked up a smaller package with the thinking hay I can allways upgrade. Will you be keeping the package's the same price/options for frozenhost users or will you be making the price match your own pricing sceem?
    What I am most upset about is the over 24 hours to get the account setup and still not getting my reseller name server IPs. I understand things happen thats why I am ok with this but do wish I was told about changes and not having to read them here. but hay things happen we shall see how it goes. I just want to get my stuff running Every Day I am put behind getting running makes it harder to deal with it. BTW my site is still up but cant start the ball rolling till my support ticket asking for my reseller IPs are given and not the ns1.frozenhost.com ones that was sent. The poeple I have talked to have been great. Just feel a little left in the dark.

Hello.

This downtime is just NOT acceptable in any way anymore:

Server Address http://69.93.186.18

Status ERROR

Uptime 93,83%

For 17 hours, 13 minutes

Next Test 4 minutes

(monitoring since the 16.04.2004)

I wanted to move to Ultraunix.net and we were ready to push the "button" to move files and BOOM, the server went down.
    Elliot from Frozenhosting told me the Kernel is corrupted and is waiting about 15 hours already for the ServerMatrix staff to finally move their *sses to the server and do the OS reload, but it seems they do not care much about it. I would HIGHLY recommend that the Acunett staff is doing some pressure on Servermatrix to get this thing done, this downtime is just destroying my business and is HIGHLY inacceptable, even for "low-priced" hosting.

So Acunett, show me how well your support can work and get this server working again fast to make me stay with you.

Regards,
    Lorenz Vauck

Hello all,

The server will be up tonight and we then will work through the night to get all data transfered to our new Dual Xeon server. All clients should have received an email with the nameserver and new server information last evening.

Also, the pricing shceme for FWH clients will remain the same.

If you need to contact me directly, I am available on AIM (Rob AcuNett) or MSN ([email protected]). You also can email me ([email protected]).

Regards,
    Rob

Well allright. It could be me who was a bit angry about all this problems, but I just had my first talk with Acunett and had the feeling they do not really care about my problem. I can understand that they are probally busy too, but just to Sign Off within the Chat, well - this wonīt be a host I would stay with.

Also again the thing is that we were NOT informed (well I was last night by Elliot while I asked whatīs up with the server again) that we must go to Acunett. To me it seems itīs all a whole and never ending mess.

UltraUnix: I am coming! ;-)

Cheers,
    Lorenz

Lorenz, yes we are very busy and all I got in your conversation was complain after complaint. I notified you that I would give you any updates and I also said we are working as fast as we can to bring the sites back online, however, you continued to fill my window with details of your complaint. And now I must come here on WHT and defend myself instead of restoring the accounts on the server.

Rob,

The problem is that I think I can actually complain while having reached a 20 hour downtime and that you, especially if you want to be my new provider and at the first contact with me SHOULD listen to my problems instead telling me to stop complaining.

You must understand that we Frozenhosting clients had an uptime of 93,58% since the 16.04.2004 and that we are all branded childs and now facing another nice outage.

Please donīt get me wrong, but you did not show me a good tactic for handling this which just makes me think about future support I might need from you.

Please, donīt worry for now and try to get back the server so the other clients and me can get our data moved to our new hosts.

Thank you,
    Lorenz

Honestly, I want to throw bricks at Elliot right now. I have alot I want to complain about, but right now is not the time. We are in a state of panic for better terms, and are losing advertisers and sponsorships because of the downtime. Today alone I have had to refund out over $800 in prepayments for advertisements for everything dealing with the site and some things going on around the site. Needless to say, this has brought us to our knees as a startup site.

We have also been talked about very badly in the KC media today because of being down. I am sure this does not help the situation. Am I pissed, very... Am I considering other actions (not at Accunet), you bet I am... There was a major form of neglect here that should be looked into by Frozenhosting, Elliot, or whatever he wants to call himself. It screwed business up, and ruined alot of reputations of people that had no control over the situation, including myself.

Accunet at this point to me seems to be helping all they can. I am going to give them a shot and see what can be done here. As for Frozenhosting, I am checking with thier State now to get registrant information on the company (better hope they registered before collecting payments....) to look at further options....

SuperFluffy,

You are so right, I have the same feelings. I am a startup company as well (6 months old) and having good press coverage and alot of advertising running, so you can imagine how good it is people are running into a dead site. The other thing is that I canīt get any work done because my clients (they range from small musicians up to major labels and "stars") canīt transfer their music to me and I canīt hold up on deadlines. Well, you see the point.

I think all of this is a total joke and I want to point out that the transfering of client-data and "contracts" WITHOUT getting the permission of the client before, is not legal and violates privacy-terms. Alone the fact that Acunett allowed to do so will not make me stay with them.

Itīs a real helpless situation at the moment for me and I guess others too. Superfluffy, should you plan any legal actions about this, please let me know and I will probally join this.

Lorenz

Originally posted by Lorenz

I think all of this is a total joke and I want to point out that the transfering of client-data and "contracts" WITHOUT getting the permission of the client before, is not legal and violates privacy-terms. Alone the fact that Acunett allowed to do so will not make me stay with them.

Lorenz
    No, that is not illegal. How would it not be? Clients are free to take their business elsewhere is they are not pleased with our services.

you get what you paid for?

for the price that I got at frozenhosting (very cheap)......not really a bad mouth here....but wouldn't you put these super "money" making sites on a more expensive type service?

Oh it is, Elliot canīt just give you all our private informations and contact addresses as well as Data. This would have needed to get our permission BEFORE, not afterwards.

He has not given us any private information. AcuNett has purchased the company and therefore owns all property of Frozen Web Hosting including your data, the servers and any contact information of the clients.

And threatening to sue Elliot is not helping the situation either.

Rob,

exactly this is the problem. If you aquire a company you are NOT automatically having the right to use the client-data, you must get permission before. Must I really seek you some court results for such cases?

Please remember when I first signed up with FH there was a rule "We will never give your informations to any 3drd party, neither will we sell it to anyone for any reason" this was just violated. I had a contract with FH, not with Acunett.

Please remember when I first signed up with FH there was a rule "We will never give your informations to any 3drd party, neither will we sell it to anyone for any reason" this was just violated. I had a contract with FH, not with Acunett.
    There is a major difference in FWH selling the information to spammers or other advertisers and us purchasing the company, thus acquiring the information.

Furthermore, after we have all of this data onto our machines, you will have 1 week to collect your data and leave simply because we cannot afford to do business with such a high profile client as yourself. Sending out threats publicly of lawsuits, etc is not the way we do business.

Oh Oh Oh, what can I say. You are not willing to give me support at my first contact with you, making fun of me because YOU are violating the law and then want to kick me while you are normally not even allowed to do business with me.
    Well, how much poorer can you proove yourself here in front of the other Frozenhosting clients that will be switched to you.
    Again, as I said I wanted to move yesterday already, 5 minutes before the server was going down for 21 hours now and didnīt have interest in Acunett at all, but now I am even FORCED to do business with you at least for some days - and THIS is the way YOU do business ? Allright.

I appoligize to all of the FWH customers for the downtime. The server should be finished being reloaded tonight and then we will transfer the data.

As for you Lorenz, I have nothing more to say. I am just going to drop the issue before it gets more heated.

I've never heard of such a thing where a company has to ask their own clients whether they may buy out another company..

Itīs very simple. You ARE a 3rd party, whatever you acquire the company or not - you have to get permission to use the clients data before - client data is not a thing you can acquire so easily, this is why we have privacy protection laws.

The OS reload has been completed, all the customer data is being restored now as we speak. We thank you for your continued patience on this issue.

Itīs very simple. You ARE a 3rd party, whatever you acquire the company or not - you have to get permission to use the clients data before - client data is not a thing you can acquire so easily, this is why we have privacy protection laws.
    i'm sorry, you're an idiot. in the US, the privacy laws are a little less strict than the EU.

also, you want an example where customers were NOT asked.

Ebay buying out paypal

why don't you go sue them. i'm sure you'd get a lot more money

Any update?

First, to backup here a little for my chime in:

"but wouldn't you put these super "money" making sites on a more expensive type service?"

Our site has not made money until the past 30 days when we started pushing the site and also some events around the site which in turn promoted, the site... All in all, I have even talked to Elliot just the other night for a redundancy solution. There has been downtime issues before, and they were sparadic, but every company has to start somewhere, such as mine.

This outage is major and severe. Myself I am not planning legal action against anyone. I think I have the clients under control at this point, and also have the media under control to the extent which I am comfortable. If there is no damage there is no foul.

Accunet can obtain our data as just to make sure I have contacted our law firm that we use just for curiousity. After checking with 3 different lawyers on this, the laws vary widely, but the TOS that was posted by FWH in this matter, covered his rear and he can legally sell the information in this case to the 3rd party as it would not remain his after the sale, thus avoiding some legal loophole... ( I can go on with this, but the lawyer lost me, and I am sure I would do the same )

Either way, look at the bright side, Accunet is under NO OBLIGATION to provide us backups to the site. Also FWH was under no obligation to sell out anything. At least it was sold to a company that will allow for us to get backups without paying a fee for such, which by right, Accunet has. Unless stated outright in the sale agreement, and signed by both parties, that Accunet will honor all contracts and obligations that FWH has, they can charge us starting right now to turn our stuff on. Are they, well, not to my knowledge...

When talking about legal situations, please consult your advisors before making threats, and spatting about a potential legal manuver on a open forum is NEVER advised. Keep your eggs in one basket, or the chickens may never hatch....

Hello, we have some updates. Some major problems were found with the configuration files for the server which was most likely caused by this virus/hacker. This is leading to some difficult problems restoring the data to the server. We do still have all web, mysql, etc files, however, we cannot bring the sites to a working state at this point. We are currently evaluation other options for bringing the sites online.

Regards,
    Rob

for all traders clients is "everything". Only for Japan traders costumer ar "GOD". Looks like we re a little bit less then "everything" . You even couldnt sent email notice about selling FH, about virus/hacker. You call it "respect client"?
    heh... it will be very hard to rebuild your distinct.(i choosed other host). good luck

Originally posted by e-view
    for all traders clients is "everything". Only for Japan traders costumer ar "GOD". Looks like we re a little bit less then "everything" . You even couldnt sent email notice about selling FH, about virus/hacker. You call it "respect client"?
    heh... it will be very hard to rebuild your distinct.(i choosed other host). good luck
    As Elliot posted earlier in this thread or maybe he posted it on another, he went to send out the emails when the server problems began two days ago with Exim not working properly obviously not allowing him to send emails.

Looking for the Morning update please! Since I am not sure who to ask anymore, I will post it here. We are now over 36 hours down and all I want is the backup files of the site and db's.

Please let us know an ETA besided "later" or the money pit saying "2 weeks"....

If you can obtain the .sql files that's cool... any type of ETA?

Elliot is emailing all clients with updates shortly.

Has any FH customer receive an email with new account information? I emailed Rob and he said he would have Elliot send me the info but as of right now I have not received anything.

Rob I understand you are having problems configuring the server and servicing your own server(s) but keep in mind that it takes 24-48 for a dns change to take effect and while you try to fix the server, the domain name could be propagating.

Thank you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast