Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pathetic

Angry Pathetic

http://www.americasdumbestsoldiers.com

I don't find it funny at all.

Extremely disrespectful, unamusing, and immature.

I would like to meet face to face with the person that runs that site.

That is extremely disrespectful.

Re: Pathetic

I do not like to use the smiling to exspress angre, but..

Originally posted by Sean123
    http://www.americasdumbestsoldiers.com

I don't find it funny at all.
    I am back....

Thats terrible.
    How can you call it dumb when people die?
    To think.. that they fought for the idiot who made the site..
    Terrible... !

That site should be taken down

The Dude

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

i dont get it. How in the world can that soldier.. any soldier for that matter, be considered dumb?! A**hole!
    g.
    "In youth we learn; in age we understand"
    Marie Von Ebner-Eschenbach

Its obvious the person that made the site thinks to highly of him/herself... and just plain Stupid
    Money is the root of all evil. So if you don't want to go crazy, give it all to me

Bub

That' not cool. Tires explode?
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

That makes my blood pump. Those soldiers fight for our freedom. The owner reminds me of some pyscos I know in the PETA who are against the soldiers.

RIP FOR ANY SOLDIERS WHO FOUGHT FOR US. THEY ARE NOT DUMB. THEY ARE WELL RESPECTED PEOPLE AND I HOPE THIS GUYS SITE GETS SHUT DOWN.
    Linux Admins the name, troubleshooting and administrating Linux Systems is my game

This person that runs this website is sick. How would you like it if you were one of the families of the soldiers that was lost on this peice of disrespectful trash and read about your loved one or friend? Perhaps the stories are fake but the motive behind the site is discusting, US or any other countries soldiers, period.
    Upload Guardian 2 - Malicious Upload Scanner - Windows and Linux!
    Instantly scan uploaded files
    Get notified when released

Originally posted by pixel_fenix
    That' not cool. Tires explode?
    Yes, coming from personal experience, they do.
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Can't see that site lasting too long before it's DDOS'ed. The host will kick it quick smart then.

Originally posted by LinuxAdmin
    That makes my blood pump. Those soldiers fight for our freedom. The owner reminds me of some pyscos I know in the PETA who are against the soldiers.
    if you think those soldiers were fighting for our freedom, you are sorely mistaken.

RIP FOR ANY SOLDIERS WHO FOUGHT FOR US. THEY ARE NOT DUMB. THEY ARE WELL RESPECTED PEOPLE AND I HOPE THIS GUYS SITE GETS SHUT DOWN.
    this is protected speech. no matter how disrespectful of insensitive, it is our duty to make sure he is free to continue being an as_wipe.

likewise, it is our right to vote with the mouse and click away from his site.

paul
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

Just sad

Originally posted by rusko
    if you think those soldiers were fighting for our freedom, you are sorely mistaken.

this is protected speech. no matter how disrespectful of insensitive, it is our duty to make sure he is free to continue being an as_wipe.

likewise, it is our right to vote with the mouse and click away from his site.

paul
    I didnt know you thought that way Rusko. I will however respect your comments as I respect everyones opinions. I was just stating my 2 cents.

All the best from LinuxAdmin
    Linux Admins the name, troubleshooting and administrating Linux Systems is my game

Probably you got to read between the words.

Dumb = Lacking the power of speech / Do not have a voice anymore in issues concerning them or their country [because they are dead]

Poor [and misleading] choice of words and site display anyways but IMO I dont think it was intentional. At the left bottom corner you find banners with links to defence and gov sites. Probably the site creator is trying to achieve something good but doesnt know how to.

Originally posted by The Dude
    That site should be taken down

The Dude
    no it shouldn't

I think it's disrespectul and think it shouldnt be there.
    -- Matthew

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I am to tired to argue.

It is sad and yes disrespectful.
    www.saveserver.com<-- Ask me about low cost dedicated servers
    AIM=cooltjn1

"Lord, thy garden is big"
    I'm speechless...
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli

Originally posted by rusko

<respectfully opens can of worms>

We look at events in the here and now, from media headline to media headline, and not in the highsight of the coming generation/s. Noone knows if the overthrow of Saddam will make the world better or worse, down through the timeline. It seems everyone has an opinion, and everyone thinks their opinion is correct. Noone really knows, noone can know.

It's a huge variable, no doubt, but we have no way of determining the outcome down through the coming generations, unless we can transport ourselves into the future, then if we were to come back with that knowledge, billions and trillions of variables would be changed, and that future would not eventuate.

Looking at the small picture, in the here and now (from media headline to media headline etc), it looks like no benefit was received from US citizens (just an example) from the overthrow of Saddam and the presence of US forces in Iraq. But down through the coming generations, the overthrow of Saddam might have been a major "shift_variable" that resulted in a massive shift in the timeline (especially changes to the dynamics in the Middle East), just as 9/11 was a huge shift_variable.

So maybe they weren't fighting for US citizen's freedom, now, but possibly for coming generations. Sounds like a whole load of wholly pop, but it's a possibility, imo.

</respectfully opens can of worms>
    . . . this is protected speech. no matter how disrespectful of insensitive, it is our duty to make sure he is free to continue being an as_wipe.

Yep, I agree.

THAT Is compeltly awful! To think that these guys are dying for these people to make sites, making fun of them. All those people who made and run that site should burn in hell!

How does someone dying when he is changing a tire explodes make him stupid? Jumping into a river is stupid yes. The falling off ladder and making gun shoot is stupid if he didn't have safety on, but an accident.

The site isn't well thought out however should stay. You cannot have free speach when you try to block everything you don't like. You cannot pick and choose who you wish to "burn in hell". Lots of people would like to whole of the US to "burn in hell". Some show that point of view. Maybe some people shouldn't jump on the band wagon and make an *** of themselves.

the best way to have it taken down is for all of WHT to email the provider and tell them what a bad reputation they are about to get on here and in the web hosting community if they leave a site up that makes fun of the ulitmate tragedy like this one does. tell them you will do your best to make sure no one uses them whenever you get the chance.

[email protected]

its hosted in amsterdam it looks like.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

For all of you think this site neto be shut down I believe you are discracing the very idea of America by trying to protect it. Is this site disgusting, yes. Is this site morally disturbing, yes. Is this right protected by the first amendment, most definantly.

This person has the right to publish what they think, and if I ever meet him I have the right to punch them in the teeth (just because there is freedom of speech dosen't mean you get to be a ****head and not suffer the consequences).

It is to bad this person probably used a fake address on the domain register. This just goes to show the left wing nuts don't care about our troops or our country.

Originally posted by dk2
    For all of you think this site neto be shut down I believe you are discracing the very idea of America by trying to protect it. Is this site disgusting, yes. Is this site morally disturbing, yes. Is this right protected by the first amendment, most definantly.

This person has the right to publish what they think, and if I ever meet him I have the right to punch them in the teeth (just because there is freedom of speech dosen't mean you get to be a ****head and not suffer the consequences).

It is to bad this person probably used a fake address on the domain register. This just goes to show the left wing nuts don't care about our troops or our country.
    our first amendment does not protect foreign free speach in other countries does it? free speech does not protect slanderous or libelous comments that are untrue either. I doubt seriously this guy could prove that these are truly the "dumbest soldiers" in the sense of the word.

so in all matters of statement - this site is simply spreading falsehood as well I doulbt he has received premission to use the photos of these people without their or their estates permission.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

Originally posted by sailor
    our first amendment does not protect foreign free speach in other countries does it?
    I don't think this person is from another country, I think they are hiding. I just hope we can find out where the person lives. Then maybe I can all up the nearest army/naval/air force/marine base and tell them about the lovely site this person runs.

Originally posted by dk2
    I don't think this person is from another country, I think they are hiding. I just hope we can find out where the person lives. Then maybe I can all up the nearest army/naval/air force/marine base and tell them about the lovely site this person runs.
    I have already reported it to the army fbi and bt abuse. if everyone else does too - it will give them a little seriousness.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

Disclaimer on their web site is very funny.

Disclaimer
    By visiting this site you agree that you won't sue anyone, ever. If you find the contents on this site disturbing or offending - press alt+F4, shut down your computer and pray.
    * `*:. .:*` * ~ X-Max ~ * `*:. .:*` *
    I love Wikipedia.

our first amendment does not protect foreign free speach in other countries does it?
    their laws protect that ofcourse...

free speech does not protect slanderous or libelous comments that are untrue either. I doubt seriously this guy could prove that these are truly the "dumbest soldiers" in the sense of the word.
    Yes freedom of speech in the US does protect seditious libel, which is the case here (after i checked out the site, hadn't done it before) since it's about government officials. (won around 1964 in the US, in 1969 free speech was finally achieved when the "clear and present danger" thing was rejected) .

Anyway who do you want to determine what's true or not, hopefully not the state. Like in some European countries it's illegal to publish anything which denies the holocaust. Which is really outragous imo (ofcourse anyone who denies it should be considerd an idiot, but he should have the right to say it). The state should not dictate history or what is true or not. For instance Turkey doesn't recognize the Armenian genocide, it did not happen according to the Turkish state although 1.5 million Armenians died, there have also been prosecution of people publishing something about the actions (terror) of the Turkish government towards the Kurds.

Freedom of speech is a big achievement of US citizens, be happy that you have it.

Originally posted by Eric Cartman
    their laws protect that ofcourse...

Yes freedom of speech in the US does protect seditious libel, which is the case here (after i checked out the site, hadn't done it before) since it's about government officials. (won around 1964 in the US, in 1969 free speech was finally achieved when the "clear and present danger" thing was rejected) .

Anyway who do you want to determine what's true or not, hopefully not the state. Like in some European countries it's illegal to publish anything which denies the holocaust. Which is really outragous imo (ofcourse anyone who denies it should be considerd an idiot, but he should have the right to say it). The state should not dictate history or what is true or not. For instance Turkey doesn't recognize the Armenian genocide, it did not happen according to the Turkish state although 1.5 million Armenians died, there have also been prosecution of people publishing something about the actions (terror) of the Turkish government towards the Kurds.

Freedom of speech is a big achievement of US citizens, be happy that you have it.
    Freedom of speech is protected. Freedom to slander and lie is not protected.

And believe it or not, the government is the ultimate decider about cases being heard in front of juries or judges. Remember something, Eric, in the U.S. THE PEOPLE ARE THE GOVERNMENT, and their opinions are represented through elected officials. The WRATH of the people can be overwhelming.

People do have the right to makes fools of themselves and being fools oftentimes can be costly.

It appears the site is gone, or at least offline for the time being.
    Webmaster Forum webmastertalk.net Webmaster Community Forum
    Website Tools domainfocus.com Webmaster Tools | IP Lookup | Domain Whois | PageRank Checker | HTTP Header Info | Link Analysis | Favicon Generator

Originally posted by adorno
    Freedom of speech is protected. Freedom to slander and lie is not protected.
    Seditious libel is protected. (after the 1964 NYT vs Sullivan case).
    it's also protected even when you lie, the only time you're not allowed to lie is when you're under oath.

The 1798 sedition act doesn't apply anymore.

Seditious libel is protected. (after the 1964 NYT vs Sullivan case).
    it's also protected even when you lie, the only time you're not allowed to lie is when you're under oath.

The 1798 sedition act doesn't apply anymore.
    If you lie about somebody or slander someone and are then brought to court in a lawsuit, can you repeat the lie if you're under oath?

Originally posted by adorno
    If you lie about somebody or slander someone and are then brought to court in a lawsuit, can you repeat the lie if you're under oath?
    You can repeat that lie ofcourse, but then evidence will be presented that you were lying thus making your punishment harder.

What i'm talking about is seditious libel, thus meaning getting a go at a government official. So for instance you can write a column, article, etc in which you say something that isn't true about for instance Cheney. You can do that and you won't go to jail for that or get a fine.

You can repeat that lie ofcourse, but then evidence will be presented that you were lying thus making your punishment harder.

What i'm talking about is seditious libel, thus meaning getting a go at a government official. So for instance you can write a column, article, etc in which you say something that isn't true about for instance Cheney. You can do that and you won't go to jail for that or get a fine.
    You're right that lying about a politician or in politics in general is generally an accepted practice. Thus, people do get elected to office by lying about an opponent. It happens on both sides.

In the U.S. there are truth in lending and truth in advertising laws. Perhaps we need a truth in politics law. No more lying in political commercials or in political rallies. Wouldn't that be great!

Maybe we need a new thread for that kind of discussion.

Here's a great book that describes the NYT vs Sullivan case which really is one of the milestones in the freedom of speech history.

Make No Law : The Sullivan Case and the First Amendment
    by anthony lewis

Do a search for it on amazon or something and check it out if you have time.

and i don't think politics would exist without lies

Here's a great book that describes the NYT vs Sullivan case which really is one of the milestones in the freedom of speech history.

Make No Law : The Sullivan Case and the First Amendment
    by anthony lewis

Do a search for it on amazon or something and check it out if you have time.

and i don't think politics would exist without lies
    T think I'll start a petition for a law to ban lying in politics.

Something like:

Thou shalt not lie about your opponents.
    Thou shalt not lie about your real intentions for holding office.
    Once elected, thou shalt keep all promises made during your campaign.
    Thou shalt not mess around with interns.

OK, maybe not the last one.

I count one vote so far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast