Question how much does bandwidth cost for you?

Hi

I am intrested in setting up a web hosting company in the UK, and I have been looking around and so far the only company I have seen the prices for bandwidth is enta.net wich charge at the cheapest £3.90 per GB

I have been seeing that some people give out 10gb's-100 or more in hosting plans and the cost of the bandwidth would cost a lot more than this. I was simply intrested and wondering what sort of prices do you pay, if you dont mind saying.

I am uk and posting late at night, maybe this would be better off waiting till tommorow for answers from some UK people!

Thanks anyway

Bandwidth in the UK is really expensive compared to the US
    For the UK companies providing tonnes of bandwidth, their servers are probably in the US
    laslo.ca
    Quality Canadian Web Hosting

what is the average cost of bandwidth in the USA then?

usually when you get 1000GB they charge you $0.50 a GB for more

but you can get a server with 1000gb for $70
    which is $0.07/gb (plus you get the server)
    laslo.ca

true,
    but the reason the hosting companies do this is because they want to make more money when you exceed
    just like credit card companies with interest rates

just my opinion, not fact....

oh ofcourse
    but if you're going over your 1000gb/month, it might be cheaper just to get another server
    laslo.ca

Greeting,

We get it at 1,50$ CAD in Canada (Montreal, Peer1).

A bit costy but the overall quality is a bit better...and customers like to have the servers located in their country
    Charles Beliveau | NymixWeb.com
    Proven success since 2001!

We pay 1USD/gig here in norway (Netlife/Nextgentel), but the normal price here in norway is 2-5usd

--
    rasmus

The last time I got a quote from a UK company was back in January, at that time a managed 1Mb/s connection (which gives about 320GB / month) was 170 / month.

This was from Band-X who have a presence in Telehouse N & E, Redbus Harbour Exchange Square & Meridian Gate, & Telecity Millharbour & Harbour Exchange Square.

IMO, most clients do not use even 1/16th of their alloted bandwidth, surely if these hosts that offer 25-100gb with a SHARED account are in for a surprise the day their customers actually USE what they are paying for.
    The Hostworks:: Offering Managed and Unmanaged VPS
    Shared Web Hosting and Managed E-Mail security services.
    24/7 Support :: 10 year anniversary coming soon!

I pay $0,10 USD / Gb.
    --

We provide 1Mbps for 75/month to all Redbus and Telehouse buildings. It is also high quality multihomed transit which is better than you would get from a single Tier 1 on Band-x and where ever you go you should go for multihomed as long as its configured properly.

But you dont ever really get 316GB out of 1Mbps because this is calculated on 95th Percentile which many ips might not tell you about. This means what you are under for 95% of the time. Below we find the following approx:

Streaming up to 300GB
    Web Traffic 200GB
    Gaming Traffic 180GB,

So you can work it out by that how much it would really cost you per GB with anyone.
    Matt Hawkins (C4L)
    --------------------------------
    http://www.C4L.co.uk - UK Data Centre Colocation, Circuits, IP Transit & Storage - Connecting and Building the UK's data centres
    Tel FREE : +44 (0)8000 470 481 International : +44 1202 299799