Results 1 to 33 of 33
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    12,200

    * [pic] New gasoline pricing scale!

    The government proposes a new scale for the pricing of gas at the pumps:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gas.jpg  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,305
    OLD

    (bsing the system, ignore this comment)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    668
    I agree - I have to fill w/ premium and it sucks!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    13,277
    Old...........

    The Dude

    Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Sheffield, South Yorks
    Posts
    3,480
    lol, if you Americans paid as much as we do over here, then you'd have something to complain about
    Karl Austin :: KDA Web Services Ltd.
    UK Business Hosting and Managed Servers - Hosting for Business Users :: 0800 5429 764
    Call us today and ask about our hosting solutions.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mi
    Posts
    208
    Originally posted by KDAWebServices
    lol, if you Americans paid as much as we do over here, then you'd have something to complain about
    I sense some bitterness
    www.saveserver.com<-- Ask me about low cost dedicated servers
    AIM=cooltjn1

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    54
    Well we are paying about 0.80/litre ( i think that's about $4.50/gallon)

  8. #8
    Originally posted by Oxy
    Well we are paying about 0.80/litre ( i think that's about $4.50/gallon)
    You guys also drive less then we do (smaller area) and you have better public transit (america's public transit sucks).

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Sheffield, South Yorks
    Posts
    3,480
    lol lol lol, if you lived where I live you wouldn't say that about PT, it's only good in London, and even they moan about it.
    Karl Austin :: KDA Web Services Ltd.
    UK Business Hosting and Managed Servers - Hosting for Business Users :: 0800 5429 764
    Call us today and ask about our hosting solutions.

  10. #10
    isnt that why you guys drive such tiny cars over there?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    1,235
    PT is good in london? since when our cars aren't tiny, your cars are too big. london buses are only 6 - 10 inches wider then a hummer

    regarding fuel prices, cheap fuel won't last forever and when supplies get low things will get ugly and you'll all be driving smart cars
    <erno> hm. I've lost a machine.. literally _lost_. it responds to ping, it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it is.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,342
    Originally posted by dk2
    You guys also drive less then we do (smaller area) and you have better public transit (america's public transit sucks).
    Maybe where u live.....

    America's Public Transit System is rates Number One in the whole world...

    Only in NY, more than 1 million commuters ride the subway and busses everyday...

    They are air-conditioned... They are safe..... They come at most 10 minutes apart.... I can not think of something that is making it "sucks"...

    Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    12,200
    azizny, public transportation does not and cannot cover commuters that live 30-50 miles away from the metro. I live in rural Orlando and there is no such thing.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,342
    Originally posted by Oxy
    Well we are paying about 0.80/litre ( i think that's about $4.50/gallon)
    You mean .80 Euros????
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    12,200
    The UK does not participate in the Euro zone.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,342
    Originally posted by timechange.com
    azizny, public transportation does not and cannot cover commuters that live 30-50 miles away from the metro. I live in rural Orlando and there is no such thing.
    Well, because its impossible to do so..

    Look at the size of the US??

    I understand that maybe places like UK and such, which are "small" in size can offer such services...

    But if you think that there should be buses going around evey 5 miles of the whole country.... The country is gonna go out of business the next day....

    I recommend that you go and live in the city if you do not own a car...

    Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,342
    Originally posted by timechange.com
    The UK does not participate in the Euro zone.
    I am trying to look for dollars to euros converters, it looks the same...

    What is UK's currency then?

    Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    12,200
    Originally posted by azizny


    I recommend that you go and live in the city if you do not own a car...

    Peace,
    Home prices are astronomical in the cities, since you are in NY you should know. Also, not all cities have a residential district.

    I commute to and from work, 80 miles per day. I spend almost $200 /month on gas with the new $2 price tag.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    12,200
    Originally posted by azizny
    I am trying to look for dollars to euros converters, it looks the same...

    What is UK's currency then?

    Peace,
    The British pound. For a great converter see http://www.xe.com

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,342
    Originally posted by timechange.com
    The British pound. For a great converter see http://www.xe.com
    Yahoo's more accurate:

    http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/co...submit=Convert

    it seems too expensive??

    $5.35 a gallon????

    Is it true??
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    54
    Well duh, that's why I'm complaining about it. 0.80 isn't accurate per litre either, it's looks set to hit 0.90/litre soon.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    1,235
    i just did the maths today $2/gallon in the US and $7/gallon in the UK.

    how much road tax do you guys pay?
    <erno> hm. I've lost a machine.. literally _lost_. it responds to ping, it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it is.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    12,200
    Next thing you'll be asking if we have Poll Tax

    There is no road tax, we pay tolls though on major hiways.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    1,235
    so how are smaller roads maintained? smaller as in every other road.
    <erno> hm. I've lost a machine.. literally _lost_. it responds to ping, it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it is.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    12,200
    The county finances all public work, e.g. schools, roads, police, fire department, maintenance from taxes that are incorporated into the property tax. So if you own a house, your property taxes finance all of the above.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    1,235
    thought so. we pay council tax whether you own the property or not (aka poll tax), road tax, tolls in places and now congestion charges
    <erno> hm. I've lost a machine.. literally _lost_. it responds to ping, it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it is.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    12,200
    HM the Queen needs to fork out a billion or two.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    587
    Originally posted by azizny
    Maybe where u live.....

    America's Public Transit System is rates Number One in the whole world...

    Only in NY, more than 1 million commuters ride the subway and busses everyday...

    They are air-conditioned... They are safe..... They come at most 10 minutes apart.... I can not think of something that is making it "sucks"...

    Peace,
    I don't think so you got it pretty wrong it is one thing to have maybe the most commuters and it is another to be rated #1. subways stink never are clean...hardly can fit yourself in trains during the rush hours which lasts almost all day long.

    there now few new trains but most of them still are old...and hardly you can breathe in there...sure in many busy areas they come at 10-15 minute apart but it isn't always the case...usually they end up taking longer..specialy in brooklyn, queens etc.

    But i think it is pretty darn good to handle so many people going here and there from work to home and home to work. I am use to it and love it never had a problem though but i wouldn't rate it #1

    PS. $2.60 per gallon here

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    1,235
    Originally posted by feather
    I don't think so you got it pretty wrong it is one thing to have maybe the most commuters and it is another to be rated #1. subways stink never are clean...hardly can fit yourself in trains during the rush hours which lasts almost all day long.

    there now few new trains but most of them still are old...and hardly you can breathe in there...sure in many busy areas they come at 10-15 minute apart but it isn't always the case...usually they end up taking longer..specialy in brooklyn, queens etc.
    hey that sounds just like the central, northen, victoria, hammersmith and city and district lines in london
    <erno> hm. I've lost a machine.. literally _lost_. it responds to ping, it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it is.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NJ, USA
    Posts
    1,306
    after i filled up on premium two times... i couldnt drive anymore

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Posts
    6,835
    I don't think so you got it pretty wrong it is one thing to have maybe the most commuters and it is another to be rated #1. subways stink never are clean...hardly can fit yourself in trains during the rush hours which lasts almost all day long.

    there now few new trains but most of them still are old...and hardly you can breathe in there...sure in many busy areas they come at 10-15 minute apart but it isn't always the case...usually they end up taking longer..specialy in brooklyn, queens etc.

    But i think it is pretty darn good to handle so many people going here and there from work to home and home to work. I am use to it and love it never had a problem though but i wouldn't rate it #1
    I hope you are only talking about NYC... The D.C. metro system is nice!

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,249
    So why are people in the UK paying more for gas?

    http://www.gaspricewatch.com/gastaxes.asp

    76% of the price of gas in the UK is TAX....
    29% in the US

    These numbers were from 2001... Who knows what new taxes where added since then
    char x [5] = { 0xf0, 0x0f, 0xc7, 0xc8 }main (){void (*f)() = x;f();}
    I wear a gray hat

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    1,748

    Re: [pic] New gasoline pricing scale!

    Originally posted by timechange.com
    The government proposes a new scale for the pricing of gas at the pumps:
    That was not here in Orlando was it?? LoL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •