Anyone try EHostPros, HostForWeb, HostMatix, Kytec, RackNine, RightChoice

Please give comments on the following if you have tried or know about them:

EHostPros.com (with them now, want other's opinions too, so far so good)
    HostForWeb.com
    HostMatix.com
    Kytec.com
    RackNine.com
    RightChoiceHosting.com

Or suggest something to me if you know one that has starter plans for newbie Web sites, but eventually goes into plans that allow over a GB of space and 50GB+ bandwidth in case the site gets huge. At the same time, it has to be affordable. I need a plan that's as cheap as $7ish to start, and I'm willing to pay up to $100 per month if the site gets large and I need more bandwidth.

I recommend HostMatix.com although I am not a customer the owner was nice enough to helped me with my proxy server problems by letting me use his proxy server (see a few thread below to see what I mean).

Been with HostMatix.com for 5 months now and had nothing but pleasure dealing with them. I host three very important to me web sites and the ride was smooth so far.

Highly recommended.

Good luck,
    Hosting Discussion - web hosting community.

Is your company represented?

i have been with hostmatix for about 5 months now. after suffering through being a readyhosting customer, i am very much pleased with the level of support hostmatix offers.

i think the main thing i enjoy is the attitude of their support staff. i never have rude replies and they have always been timely.

"The more famous I get, the more I am tolerated, albeit with some head-shaking"
    - H. R. Giger

I have tried EHostPros.com

Tickets are answered fairly quick. except for one that they never answered =/ Live chat support is very quick. Went thru a period of alot of downtime. would get a hour here and there for about 2 weeks, 8 hours total of downtime during that period.

Overall they are not too bad, fast servers!

Thumbs down

I have a bad experience with kytec.com. I try several time, asking the hosting provider KYTEC.COM to cancel my hosting account but they refuse to do so. I don't know that it is a trap! When I sign-up for the hosting account, I learn that I can cancel it anytime I wish. I have fully paid the first month trial. It is up to me to continue my subscription or not. It is my descretion. They are supposed not to interfere with my decission. Unfortunately, what they actually do is, they try to use my credit card information to claim for payment, on and on. So far as they did not cancel my account, they will continue misusing my credit card!

Never host with this company because:

They never (9 out of 10) response to e-mail

They try not to close your account when they have all the particulars of your credit card

Their live support is always (7 out of 10) unavailable

Though you only occupy 10MB of space but their contriol panel will show that you are using 150MB.

Their website states that you have to call them to cancel for your own security. Have you done that?

http://kytec.com/faqs.html#o
    www.square-network.com www.squarenetwork.com
    Now available in regular and dehyphenated.
    May 2003 Member of the Month
    Useless Community Liason Ever Since.

Originally posted by Sahel
    hey buddy - been with ********* (*********.com) for 7 months now and I can tell you they're the greatest host I ever dealt with during my 7 years of bein' on da net. My tickets are getting answered within 10-20 minutes.... the server up-time and speed is wonderful.... and the good thing is you have peace of mind, since you are in good hands .... Gotta reseller account with them, here are few of 'em:

DubaiLook.com
    Dania.tv
    Alexomundo.com

Cheers mate
    TAG, banned
    Last edited by Odd Fact; 05-06-2007 at 07:13 PM.
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

I personally don't recomend hostmati-x because I have had a bunch of down time within the period of a month. I am about to demand for my money back because I am not satsified. I thought the little downtime problems would go away after a while but they aren't and it's starting to annoy me a lot now.

Well..I personally recomend hostMati-x.com...I have one site host with them,...I like their support and honest.....

downtime?..well..any host could be down any time,but more important is ==> honest and soluted the problem quickly..
    ok done

Hostmati-x.com had some downtime a while back (their backbone provider was having some issues) but other than that, its been great.

Any webhost can have downtime...
    Happily hosting @ Dathorn.com (Since 3/2003), Ispeeds.net (Since 2004), & Quadspeedi.net (Since 7/2005)!
    Hosted @ FDC for 9 Years

what's all the **** ^^"
    ••• Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts! •••
    ••• http://www.sprintserve.net •••
    ••• Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting | •••
    ••• Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management | •••

Lightbulb To Cancel

We cannot cancel a web site by getting a email.

Example - We got a email that states please cancel my account. www.****.com ok so we cancel it. Then site owner calls and asks why is my site down.

We need you to call in and verify your account info then we can cancel your account. Policy is policy, you wouldn't like getting your account cancelled by someone else.

The problem is no one wants to follow directions.
    Buy Mens Underwear at Nuwear.com

Not true

Hi people,

I was doing a search on google for my name and the first thing that came up was this link, I was shocked to find out that some idiot has been using my name to promote their hosting company.

I have nothing to do with the below post and I definately dont think the below mentioned hosting company is the greatest I have ever dealt with, this is pure fabrication and lies:

(Originally posted by Sahel
    hey buddy - been with ********* (*********.com) for 7 months now and I can tell you they're the greatest host I ever dealt with during my 7 years of bein' on da net. My tickets are getting answered within 10-20 minutes.... the server up-time and speed is wonderful.... and the good thing is you have peace of mind, since you are in good hands .... Gotta reseller account with them, here are few of 'em:
    DubaiLook.com
    Dania.tv
    Alexomundo.com
    Cheers mate
    Peace
    Alex Golzari )

I cannot believe the audacity of this person to fabricate. I was on that server for a short period and changed it to another professional company. You can guess why!!! I am really pissed off

So Hostmatix, next time don't use your clients name without their knowledge, it is illegal!!

Alex

Don't sweat it Alex, his account was disabled and from what I hear HostMatix has much larger problems that you can read about in this thread

Yeah... tough times at HostMatix... really tough times it seems...

I have racknine. I've had them over a year. Lately they have not been very good when it comes to support and their latest "emegency server upgrade" destroyed my database. If you asked me late last year I would have no doubt recommended them. However now I would have to say look elsewhere.