hardware/driver detector

I'm looking for a program that can be put on a floppy disk that can identify for me what hardware and or drivers I have on my computer

what operating system do you have?

Originally posted by ilyash
    what operating system do you have?
    I have a formatted computer but since it's not that new i don't have any of the information on it. I don't have an os installed on it, I want to install a freebsd OS and in the preinstallation tasks it asks what kind of hardware I have .. so do you know of a program that would be able to be copied onto a floppy disk and executed on start up so that it can tell me what hardware I have?

try the BIOS on start-up, most of them show a lot of hardware information although it can depend.
    if you dont know, you get to the BIOS on the POST screen, there should be a message that says something like "Press Del to enter BIOS" or similar.
    hope that helps
    I tried signing my name with my mouse but it didn't work...............

Sisoft Sandra is just a touch to big, but it reuires an OS.

Let me guess, you go to local computer auctions and want to find a out the specs?

Bub

Originally posted by Bub Host
    Sisoft Sandra is just a touch to big, but it reuires an OS.

Let me guess, you go to local computer auctions and want to find a out the specs?

Bub
    yea I want to find out the specs .. i don't know about an auction tho, i need them to install freeBSD

Originally posted by fitz
    try the BIOS on start-up, most of them show a lot of hardware information although it can depend.
    if you dont know, you get to the BIOS on the POST screen, there should be a message that says something like "Press Del to enter BIOS" or similar.
    hope that helps
    so when I go in there, there should be a meny that explains all the details..