nameserver issue with my domains

hello,

i have this problem with my DNS. I used to have my sites on a server with the following DNS:

ns1.netelligent.ca
    ns2.netelligent.ca

now i changed server and my new DNS are:

ns1.hostingforcheaper.com
    ns1.netelligent.ca

ever since i made the change, my sites keep going online and offline all the time. When they go offline, oddly enough, i can access FTP via the old password i had when it was on ns1.netelligent.ca & ns2.netelligent.ca. Ever had anything like that?

does this have something to do with the fact that ns1.netelligent.ca is used in both the old and the new DNS, and somehow it is still "connected" to the old configuration??

I thought about putting
    ns1.anything.com
    ns2.anything.com

so that its disconnects from ns1.netelligent.ca and then put back my new DNS....what do you guys think?

thank you!

having your old dns and new dns it will reply your dns query randomly, once from the new one and once from the new one, so new/old IPs will be replied by mistake from time to time.

better to use only new nameservers for more accurate dns answer.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

so should I change the DNS to something else, just so that its different, and then put back my new DNS?

thanks

just remove ns1.netelligent.ca and you will be fine.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

it sounds similiar to some of our clients that include a random third DNS server when they transfer to us "just in case." But I have noticed that one in three times someone emails them or tries to hit there site it is unreachable.