fdcservers.net - thinking of using them for a free download

Hey Everyone, I am thinking of going with FDCServer.net for a free download (Windows XP Autopatcher - autopatcher.com) because they advertise "un-metered" bandwidth. I KNOW this download will take AT LEAST 2000 GB of bandwidth every month.

I know all of the horrors stories on this board, but this is not a mission critical download, and this solution would be a lot better then what they are currently using. I was just wondering if we do use a lot of bandwidth, will FDC cut us off?

Re: fdcservers.net - thinking of using them for a free download

Originally posted by gboreman
    Hey Everyone, I am thinking of going with FDCServer.net for a free download (Windows XP Autopatcher - autopatcher.com) because they advertise "un-metered" bandwidth. I KNOW this download will take AT LEAST 2000 GB of bandwidth every month.

I know all of the horrors stories on this board, but this is not a mission critical download, and this solution would be a lot better then what they are currently using. I was just wondering if we do use a lot of bandwidth, will FDC cut us off?
    If they do that, and it is not in their TOS you can suit them and get something interesting to share
    ^_^

Nope, worst they will do, is cap you to a 10mbit connection.
    Happily hosting @ Dathorn.com (Since 3/2003), Ispeeds.net (Since 2004), & Quadspeedi.net (Since 7/2005)!
    Hosted @ FDC for 9 Years

I fully encourage you to do so -- If a company is going to offer an unmetered service, they better be prepared to face the consequences of doing so.

They can handle 2000GB a month, I have a server there doing an average of 8mbit/sec with no latency or any other problems. Just don't expect uptime to be 100%. Overall it's a great price for what you get.
    Karl Zimmerman - Steadfast: Managed Dedicated Servers and Premium Colocation
    karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
    Now Open in New Jersey! - Contact us for New Jersey colocation or dedicated servers

We abu.... err... used them for about 18 months for that same purpose. For a download only box it was quite effective. Low price and thousands of files transferred. In fact we're probably going to do so again.

Somewhere... with a 21 oz(hammer) in my hand, ;-)
    www.FDCServer.net doesn't work for me. Redirects to a domain registery. ho hum.. :-|