phpBB 2 forum moved ?

Curious if anyone has any ideas on this. I recently moved a site from one server to another using WHM. Site was running a phpbb forum, database and all was moved over, but the forum will not run. It appears the problem is associated with the fact that the username for the account is different on the new server. So I think the database access is hosed.

You know how you for database access you typically do "username_databaseusername", well username is different and not sure where to change it for the phpbb forum. There is a config.php file but it says not to change anything in there.

Any ideas?

ummm, we just did this, it is posted here

sorry dont have the link handy, maybe someone else can giev it to you
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

Hi,

You need to changes the variables in your config.php file - no other way

Yup I went ahead and changed the config file and it worked. Getting a bunch of errors now, but I am sure I will work through them.

Thanks for the help!

No problem,

Shoot me a PM if you have problems you can't figure out how to fix

Im pretty sure the config.php is made on the fly, meaning you dont want to change anything. As long as the domain is the same as it was, there should be no problem with it.

Edit: Just noticed you said the username had changed. Was there a reason for that, could you not change it back?
    BTi-Hosting.co.uk High quality hosting, low low prices.
    One step ahead of the competition - Today IS tomorrow.
    FraudWise.Net - Fight the fraud!

If you are changing from another hosting platform to WHM/cPanel, then the usernames and database names likely changed...not to mention the passwords.

Simply editing the file to update the new servers names/format is all that should be required.

Actually,

The config.php file stores the variables to connect to the database. You need to edit this file if the username of your account changes.

On cPanel servers the username/databasename is setup as username_databasename and username_username. Since he moved servers, his account username changed so he now must change his database details.

Im pretty sure the config.php is made on the fly, meaning you dont want to change anything. As long as the domain is the same as it was, there should be no problem with it.
    config.php in phpBB is a static file that is not generated on-the-fly. This is the file you edit for the global SQL variables such as host, db, db user, etc.

Also, different hosts have different naming conventions for their clients' cPanel accounts (if WHM/cPanel is present), and hence, their MySQL db user prefix.

Yeah i just noticed.

And i know about the prefix and naming conventions, which is why I edited my last post.
    BTi-Hosting.co.uk High quality hosting, low low prices.
    One step ahead of the competition - Today IS tomorrow.
    FraudWise.Net - Fight the fraud!