Reliable affordable web host for 2gb space

Does anybody have an suggestions/experiences for hosts that will be able to provide 2gb space, mysql db's, perl, and possibly the ability to decompress a .gz file? The best I have found is 4gb for $29.95/month w/o the decompression.

I'd try just emailing some of the smaller hosts and asking them for a price. Any of the good ones will be happy to make you a package
    laslo.ca
    Quality Canadian Web Hosting

There are so many hosts out there. Any suggestions?

You may want to try using the Host Quote link at the top of the page. I'm sure you'll get many responses to help you make an informed decision.

Thanks a lot all.

hi, jnoody

you can also try http://www.webhostingtalk.com/request.php

take care

cheers

While 2GB of space is quite a lot in a shared environment I think most (particularly smaller) hosts would be happy to accommodate your needs still though

Andrew
    NetHosted - UK based hosting solutions.

You could always dive through the offers forum as well. As the others said, you shouldn't have a problem finding a host who will work with you. Don't hesitate to do a search as well not only to find hosts, but to find feedback on potential hosts.

2gb isnt a problem, its the decompression that might put some load on the server
    Excell Hosting
    Budget Hosting

Doesn't Cpanel let you do decompression in it's file manager? Every Cpanel host I've been with has allowed me to do that.

Oh, I misread, or got confused.. thought he was asking for space to decompress 2gb tar files..
    Excell Hosting
    Budget Hosting

Try Google to find what you want

you can try a cheap vps and then you can just ssh in and decompress the files yourself
    I use adiungo vps and I've been happy with them so far. Their support is a little slow at times but I'm not paying that much so can't expect so much. However, their network and uptime is good.

"Cheap" Is never really the best way to go
    Charles R. Wieland
    Chief Technical Officer
    Phima Group, LLC
    http://www.phimagroup.com

Their support is a little slow at times
    Just to let you know, we just completed an overhaul of customer support systems and procedures designed to improve ticket reponse and resolution times.

We are aware that on occassions customers have received support response times that we deem to be below par - we have gone to great lengths to rectify this, both by deploying a new ticketing system (having found our previous system to be inefficient), and employing more support staff.

Any kind of slow support response is a thing of the past at Adiungo .

I can only confirm AdH's words. I'm Adiungo's customer for a couple of months already and their ticket handling improved drastically over that time. Not that I've issued that much...