Worth moving from SM to Total Control Servers?

We are considering moving our 6 Dual Xeons from SM to Total Control Servers:
    - is it worth doing that? Servers reliable? how much better (hopefully) is their support?
    - can anybody give me an idea how much more IO the SCSI 5 raid server with 4x73k drives can do compared to one with 2x73k scsi drives - both 10k RPM and dual 2.x xeons ?
    - any tips on how to do a smooth transition?
    - any things to look out for?

What are you going to be using the machines for?

The Total Controls are all dells so that certainly helps in quality. SM's are just white boxes I believe. Also, the total controls are 2.8 GHz xeons, SM has 2.4 ghz xeons...Total controls have 11 IP's each if that's important. There is 500-800 GB more bandwidth alotted to you. You get gold management free of charge. And you also get 10K RPM SCSI HD's. I use nothing but total controls now and I have to say, "I'm lovin' it."

Server Matrix servers are now DELLS instead of white boxes.

x-gaming: high traffic website, very DB intensive (read+write), hosting of 6M pics, 100M pvs/mo, etc... need reliable hardware or users gonna kill me hehe

The only thing I don't like so far about TC is that they don't offer 15k SCSI even if you're willing to pay extra $ for it.

Originally posted by freeflight2
    The only thing I don't like so far about TC is that they don't offer 15k SCSI even if you're willing to pay extra $ for it.

If you have a specific hardware requirement you need or would prefer can I suggest looking at some of the 'custom' shops around?

SM/TP sucks when it comes to "moving" to a better server since they wont let you re-use your old IP's :'(

Probably they have segmented the network or something? I'm not sure on that.

the TC server's still have the rhe kernel issues
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

planet prices are pretty decent. I'll go with planet $250.00 one compare to the $199 Server - SuperSCSI

planet prices are pretty decent. I'll go with planet $250.00 one compare to the $199 Server - SuperSCSI
    What are the specs for each one?