C I Host Class Action

I am in the process of organizing and filling a class action law suit against C I HOST. If you have any information that could be benneficial or would like information on the law suit or how to join please contact me at 847-912-1212 or email me at [email protected]. THe class action is open to any former clients of c i host in any three of their data centers. We have compiled more then a substantial ammount of evidence to proceed with this. Thanks
      0 Not allowed!

Good luck Ilya, but this thread won't live long I assume.

Best,
    Hosting Discussion - web hosting community.

Is your company represented?
      0 Not allowed!

Why do you say that?
      0 Not allowed!

From what I've seen before, lawsuit type of threads were closed fast. But seeking that no one is doing anything with this particular one, you might be in the clear.

Good luck to you either way.

0 Not allowed!

Ilya, you used to be an employee at C I Host?
      0 Not allowed!

What's the cause?
    --
      0 Not allowed!

Breach of contract based on the premis of false advertising and misrepresentating the services and facilities they provide. Simple example if you bought a house quoted at 2000 sq. ft with hardwood floors throughout and then when you came there it was 1500 sq. ft and had carpet then you obviously didnt get what you were promissed. Likewise because most customers are using the services for their businesses they may have incurred losses of income based on these false misrepresentations in downtime which has not been compensated for.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by fernandodl
    What's the cause?
    Ditto. What is the basis/foundation of the case?
      0 Not allowed!

read above message i posted perhaps we could exchange information give me a call if you have a chance
      0 Not allowed!

We were posting at the same time. I see you gave some explanation.

Can you provide any further info, other than more downtime than expected?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by IlyaBeyrak
    Breach of contract based on the premis of false advertising and misrepresentating the services and facilities they provide. Simple example if you bought a house quoted at 2000 sq. ft with hardwood floors throughout and then when you came there it was 1500 sq. ft and had carpet then you obviously didnt get what you were promissed. Likewise because most customers are using the services for their businesses they may have incurred losses of income based on these false misrepresentations in downtime which has not been compensated for.
    Get Some!

Hopefully you can do more then the many that tried this before you. You seem to be wiser and more intelligent about it then someone just hurt wanting to vent.

Chris will not accept priority mail. I guess they get tons of these. So to speed things up, pay the cash to have the sheriff's department (or who ever does it in TX), walk the suit in and force someone to sign. Could save you months of games. Ask Microsoft.

Also, be ready for a counter-suit. They love to do that.
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks UmbillyCord

Yea i deffinatly have months of internal memos plus many witnesses and statements from fromer employees in regards to this and instructions they recieved about misleading customers and such.

And we will be sure to use a private server company and not even bother with priority mail or sherrifs department.

I already have my personal lawsuits against the company for holding my property comming into court and we have suits with them suing myself with illegitamate claims that we have motioned to be dismissed.

It is unfortunate that a compmany this large is allowed to do the things they do to customers. It is about time someone stands up and does something for everyone. I am investing my own personal money to fund this lawsuit. And i encourage anyone that has dealt with this company within the last two years to help us so we can help you by joining.

Cihost has not only hurt customers with their misclaims but as ive noticed in other threads and news items they have outright hurt their competition through frivelous law suits and by literally stealing customer lists.

Eventually justice will be served hopefully its this time around as all those who have come before have mostly failed.
      0 Not allowed!

It's been 4 years since I left CI Host over such BS, and I haven't looked back for a minute.

I still get emails from them... "We want you back!" Not on your life buster....
      0 Not allowed!

Yea i deffinatly have months of internal memos plus many witnesses and statements from fromer employees in regards to this and instructions they recieved about misleading customers and such.

And we will be sure to use a private server company and not even bother with priority mail or sherrifs department.

I already have my personal lawsuits against the company for holding my property comming into court and we have suits with them suing myself with illegitamate claims that we have motioned to be dismissed.

It is unfortunate that a compmany this large is allowed to do the things they do to customers. It is about time someone stands up and does something for everyone. I am investing my own personal money to fund this lawsuit. And i encourage anyone that has dealt with this company within the last two years to help us so we can help you by joining.

Cihost has not only hurt customers with their misclaims but as ive noticed in other threads and news items they have outright hurt their competition through frivelous law suits and by literally stealing customer lists.

Eventually justice will be served hopefully its this time around as all those who have come before have mostly failed.
    Out of all those words, the only specific thing mentioned is downtime. The rest of your posts are just a bunch of generalizations with no real useful information , or specific charges. So my question is three part.

1) What exactly have they done to you?

2) If you don't want to mention the specifics in public, then what is the purpose of this thread?

3) How can others know if they should be a part of the claim, if they don't know exactly what the claim is?

I'm not defending them, and I too have heard plenty of bad stuff about them, but when somebody talks about filing a lawsuit, I think there should be some facts to back it up. That only seems fair.

People with no experience or knowledge of CI might just see this thread as a flame, or attempt to trash their name. I'm not saying this is what you are doing, but that's why I ask the three questions above.
      0 Not allowed!

The basis of the lawsuit situates itself around the specifications C I HOST has published about their 3 data centers CDC01 CDC02 and CDC03. These specifications are also verbally and electronically communicated to customers requesting information.
    In the last few months the specifications on these pages have become more broad.
    From the date that these specifications were first put up they falsely misrepresentented the data centers that C I HOST opperates.
    Customers were led to believe their equipment would be in a place with x, y,z features and regulations when in reality they recieved nothing even remotely close to it.
    CIHOST has also given customers a 99.9% uptime guarantee with a premise to refund monies to customers according to the terms of the agreement with the maximum a customer ever recieving equal to a portion of their monthly fee.
    Customers should not be bound to that agreement and should be able to seek further damages from CIHOST for loss of income, clients, etc. due to any and all downtime they have experienced.
    CIHOST has breached contracts with customers in this respect because they have promised x and delivered y and are still holding customers to this contract which prevents customers from seeking further damages from CIHOST.

The class action law suit we will be petitioning revolves around this breach of contract and false advertising and false claims of this company.
    It seeks to award damages based on downtime and refunds in all monies collected by CIHOST due to the fact that CIHOST did not provide the services they represented.

A common question to be asked is if you purchased a dedicated server/shared hosting/colocation and recieved service(satisified with it or not) are you still entitled to anything?
    The bottom line is you are at least entitled to a full refund of every cent CIHOST has collected because part of the dedicated server/shared hosting/colocation they provide you with is dependent on the physical location of this equipment and the equipment surrounding it. While they may have given you correct hardware, data center space, support they have not given it to you in the facility advertised and prommised and thus have breached their contract with you.
      0 Not allowed!

Are you sure you aren't mixing your own lawsuits or vendettas too closely with this class action? The question will be asked and you already alluded that you are suing for other reasons besides what you are posting about here. If you want a class action to stick, I'd suggest separating it from yourself as far as possible and have someone else move it forward, assuming there are any actual laws being broken.

Remember- bad or unethical business practices are not unilaterally illegal unfortunately. Regular WHT members REALLY dislike CI Host- it's obvious. But the legal community could really give a rip obout who WHT members like or not. And with lawyers in my family, this whole thing just sounds (to me anyway) like someone trying to sound like they know what they're talking about and they really don't. You used word such as motions to dismiss and the suit hasn't even been filed yet.

I dunno, but this whole thread sounds fishy to me.

Like C I Host or think they suck, makes no difference to me. I have no opinions on them whatsoever, but if this moves forward, I would be really interested in what the judge says because based on these arguments, sounds more like a disgruntled customer than a real infraction of the law.
    Adam Lawson - AQORN
    OpenStack Professional Services. Commercial Support. Open-Source Cloud Management
    Official OpenStack Foundation Member & Corporate Sponsor
    Our Clients: AT&T | Cisco | Juniper | SAP | Autodesk | SUSE | Ubuntu
      0 Not allowed!

Make sure you have someone spell check your work
      0 Not allowed!

Mr Manager: The two cases are completly seperate and i am not even a plantiff in the class action suit. I am organizing the suit. CI HOST has filed personal law suits against me and motions to have those dismissed have been filed.

Nickn: I dont write the documents
      0 Not allowed!

Mr Manager: Also technically im not a customer. And the only reason im doing this is because i know the ins and outs of this company and what was said to who what when where and why. I know what they do from people on the inside past and present many of which have agreed to be listed at witnesses for the case.
      0 Not allowed!

I am organizing the suit
    Are you an attorney? Has the class even been recognized yet?

Dave
    Technical Advisor for new A&E Series The Killing Season
    There are no random acts of violence
    Starts November 5th!
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by MrManager
    Remember- bad or unethical business practices are not unilaterally illegal unfortunately.
    No, but false advertising is. If someone can prove damages from false advertising, that is illegal. In fact, this happens more then most people know. This is why commercial insurance has advertising insurance written into them for those who want or can afford it. I am sure if he were to sue, and win, CIHost would be covered with this insurance anyway.

I do not know what the details are with this issue, as no one does but IlyaBeyrak it seems. But if he (or anyone) suffered damages from CIHost advertising one thing and delivering another, then I hope he does sue and win. No need to poop in his Cheerios. If this is just an upset customer, then it will pass as such.

Also, if someone bought some dedicated servers in a DC that advertised they have the Dice-O-matic 2000, but really had the dicer 100, then that is false adverting. If the dicer 100 fails costing you time and money, then simply showing the print (or whatever) that stated Dice-O-matic 2000 was in the DC, then showing that the dicer 100 fails 50% of the time verses Dice-O-matic 2000 at only .02%, that could be enough.

False advertising and misleading advertising are separate things though. That just goes back to unethical business practices unfortunately.
      0 Not allowed!

In the comming days i will be posting a document originating from cihost's own website with specifications one of their cdc's and listing the realisties of it. I will also be posting evidence gathered about the temperatures and hummidity levels in their data centers to proove they are not within their guarantees
      0 Not allowed!

In the comming days i will be posting a document originating from cihost's own website with specifications one of their cdc's and listing the realisties of it. I will also be posting evidence gathered about the temperatures and hummidity levels in their data centers to proove they are not within their guarantees
    While that information may be interesting to readers here, wouldn't you just be pointing a finger at what they need to change before a formal suit is filed?
      0 Not allowed!

I hate to say this but if i had a penny for every person who threatened legal action on WHT against CI Host I wouldn't need to be a hosting provider any longer

I truely wish you luck in your quest - so many have tried, or at least threatened and few have succeeded. Say hi to Chris' Mom for us all
    Hosting.Express | Affordable Web and Email Hosting
    Shared | Reseller | 24/7 Support | NSA Free
    SPECIAL OFFER - domain name, email and cPanel web hosting = $3.73 per month | Contact Us: 1-800-861-1888
      0 Not allowed!

To the best that ive heard chris's mom has been terminated from CI HOST so unfortuneatly i wont be able to say hi to her as much as i would love to see her again.
      0 Not allowed!

Watcher_TVI: yes we are but at the same time theyve already violated the law and merely removing such information or revising it does not make it right for previous customers. It just puts them on the right track for future customers.
      0 Not allowed!

Ilya, I support you 1000% and wish you all the good fortune in the world. I truly hope that it works out for you and that recent CI Host customers who've been damaged by the company will step up and offer their experience, to see what opportunities might be available from it.

I was a customer of theirs back in 1999 when they triple-charged annual fees to my credit card. It took nine months to get that straightened out and it was back in the days before anti-fraud protections... Advanta is still trying to collect fees and interest that I refuse to pay, monies that accrued because I did what they told me to do (try to resolve it w/ CIHost) and then when it did resolve, they still wanted me to pay late fees and interest on that balance... it's still hanging out there on my credit rating, but you know what? I'm pissed off. They're not getting it.

I filed complaints with every organization and agency I could think of, it didn't get me very far, except that I did finally get my actual fees refunded although the balance of my annual pre-pay was a waste of money of course. And as for that money-back uptime guarantee, HAH! When I had no e-mail for over a month, and my site was down for 2+ weeks, they offered me free hosting, they refused to even consider a refund!

I have several "CI Host refugee" clients and continuing to provide these folks with top-notch service at least makes me feel better to know I'm doing something to get back at them for crappy service and how they mistreat people. But GRRR! CI Host continues to get away with this crap 4.5 years later -- has anything really changed? Nope.

Best to you!!! Go get 'em!!!

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.
      0 Not allowed!

People often forget the impact that these unethical companies have on their ethical competition when they make these false claims. I can think of a few companies right off the top of my head that advertise bandwidth providers and data centers that they don't actually have, at rock bottom pricing. People in-the-know can see through the smoke and mirrors but a lot of customers can't. The people who actually have the good facilities and networks can't compete at the price point because as we all know operating data centers costs money, and practically giving away colo, dedicated servers, or even shared hosting is a quick way to go chapter 11.

Point being, these companies hurt the business in general by confusing and lying to customers (why should they pay more for seemingly less when company C gives them the entire world for 10$ a month). Perhaps the lawsuit should be expanded to companies other then CI Host who blatantly lie about what they have. Email me offline if you need more information.
      0 Not allowed!

aaronfaby such a lawsuit can be expanded to other companies as well the only problem is collecting evidence on such other companies. The biggest problem is getting sufficient evidence to proove these companies are lieing.
      0 Not allowed!

check their terms of services and agreements
    they may have posted stuff that saves them from being sued
      0 Not allowed!

Good luck. I fully support you.

It's interesting to note, though, that I considered going with CI Host a while ago when I didn't know much about the Internet. I think what stopped me was the fact that their site disappeared completely from the Internet for about 3 days. I guess I was lucky.

Max
    Nokhrin - http://www.nokhrin.com/
    ~ e-commerce application development
      0 Not allowed!

SHRAZ unfortuneatly for them they cant hold you to those terms and agreements because they havent held up their end of the bargain
      0 Not allowed!

I applaud your efforts, IlyaBeyrak. Please keep us updated as this progresses.
      0 Not allowed!

I hear chris and his mom are law suit happy. let us know how this goes
    Domain Maven
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by dmaven
    I hear chris and his mom are law suit happy. let us know how this goes
    I bet they are already screening this post. You just need one of the employees or execs to visit WHT to come across this thread.

0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Artashes
    I bet they are already screening this post. You just need one of the employees or execs to visit WHT to come across this thread.
    I wouldn't bet against you that's for sure. Good money says they know about this post and are keeping an eye on it. Curious to see how this turns out, but to be honest I'll be surprised if the OP gets anywhere with this.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck
      0 Not allowed!

I asked earlier if you were an attorney or if the class has been recognized, I guess the lack of an answer is the answer.

As somebody who has been threatened with many suits and has had 2 attempted, I would say that this is nothing more than a wannabe suit that will never get out of the gates.

IMO the thread should be closed as its true purpose is a channel to vent with the word lawsuit being tossed around for "toughness".

Dave
    Technical Advisor for new A&E Series The Killing Season
    There are no random acts of violence
    Starts November 5th!
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Dave B
    I asked earlier if you were an attorney or if the class has been recognized, I guess the lack of an answer is the answer.

As somebody who has been threatened with many suits and has had 2 attempted, I would say that this is nothing more than a wannabe suit that will never get out of the gates.

IMO the thread should be closed as its true purpose is a channel to vent with the word lawsuit being tossed around for "toughness".

Dave
    Sounds good to me. If something is actually made of this, you're more than welcome to post again. However, without anything substantial, this has gone off it's mark.

*closed*
    www.square-network.com www.squarenetwork.com
    Now available in regular and dehyphenated.
    May 2003 Member of the Month
    Useless Community Liason Ever Since.
      0 Not allowed!

I agree. Anyone that's interested in contacting the thread starter, he's posted his phone number (local for me ) and email address at the top.

Good luck on whatever suit you might bring against CIHost, and whatever counter-suit (if any) CIHost brings against you.

edit: If i hadn't taken the time to try and call the TS, I would have had this posted before coach
      0 Not allowed!