Thread: Transfer .WS

Transfer .WS

Unfortunately a friend of mine has registered a WS domain name to use. The guy who setup the domain and website for him is not exactly the best web designer in the world and the site is full of dyslexic msitakes. To compound matter the IT bloke has left and is trying to setup a competiing business and he's taken the account details for hte domain with him.

the domain is still owned and registered with my friend and the IT bloke has 'said' that he'll be willing to authorise transfer once it's requested. I'll be buggered if I can find a company willing to deal with WS (it's been trasnfered in the past and is currently with plusnet.net).

The next step is a taking things to a lawyer as the current site is puting the company is a bad light and is full of misinformation.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

cheers.

I heard .WS is not transferrable. I am not totally sure though.
    WebsiteForum.com | Now Live ! DnsCheck.com | Coming Soon !

Yeah I've heard the same and keep reading that but it's been transfered before from demon to plusnet and we don't want to transfer the owner of the domain just the account that controls it?

cheers.

its not transferable, but if both companies on the same registrar like eNom for example they can push it between accounts.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

A lot of you guys seem to be under a basic misapprehension regarding the ccTLD world. You seem to think that ccTLDs are organised the same as GTLD domains - you have the registry, you have registrars, registrants register with registrars.

Some ccTLDs do indeed work like that. But many others, especially the smaller ones, don't. You don't need a registrar to register a .ws domain. SamoaNIC does not operate a registry-registrar system. There may well be companies out there that sell .ws domains as resellers, but they are not registrars for .ws - they are just resellers. You don't need to register throug a registrar - you just go to the SamoaNic web site, set up an account and register direct.

No registrars means no transfers. You can change admin contacts, you can change billing contacts, you can change technical contacts - but none of these changes amount to a registrar transfer because there are no registrars. (If you want to move from one reseller to another in a registrar-less ccTLD you do this by changing the billing contact)

ccTLD can be transferred via registrars some examples:
    .cn
    .cc
    .us
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Hi Bashar

Please read what I wrote carefully:

Some ccTLDs do indeed work like that. But many others, especially the smaller ones, don't.
    I said some, not all.

yeah but its kinda not a rule, .TV is very big one out there and still doesn't allow transfers.

it really depends on who/how their system is built in the first place