Tripod Support Presales

I spoke with Tripod Support yesterday and just have to say it was the friendlist contact I have had with an outsourcing company. I've been talking to quite a few of companies about this, and have to say that this was the most friendly and personable experience.

I spoke to Roj through livechat and he was so nice and courteous. I still had some doubts about outsourcing because I have had problems with another company (that I won't mention by name). Roj then connected me to one of the server administrators in India so I could get a feel for how it works and how they speak. No other company offered me to talk to the representatives before signing up. I think that was a very nice touch. Roj also said tickets are normally answered in 30 minutes, often more like 15 minutes, which seems VERY fast! They are also comparably cheaper than other companies that I have seen.

Thomas, the representative in India, was very smart and I could not tell that he was Indian through his speech patters at all.

That pretty much sold me. I was then connected back to Roj and he gave me recommendations for help desks. That was also appreciated.

This is just my pre-seals opinion. I have not actually signed up with them yet, but we will be in the future when we are ready. From what I have seen, it looks like the best value to me. Just so some of you don't accuse me of being affiliated with them, I am not affiliated nor employed by Tripod Support in any way. I just thought I would share my experience.

(Note: I am not sure if this is in the right forum. Change if desired.)

Thanks for the info, it's nice to see a company acting like this well done Tripod Support

Andrew
    NetHosted - UK based hosting solutions.

No problem. I mean, normally, I don't post stuff like this because I haven't actually tried the service part yet, but I have never seen presales this good. Again, well done.

Originally posted by jml3188
    No problem. I mean, normally, I don't post stuff like this because I haven't actually tried the service part yet, but I have never seen presales this good. Again, well done.
    Posts like this are very helpful, I come here mainly to learn and to share experiences with my fellow hosts/site owners... so this fits nicely!

Andrew

Thanks. I wasn't sure at first if a post on presales would be accepted as I haven't seen many - it's mostly people that pay for the service.

Ok, pre-sales are great with them, I'll admit, but the service just plain isn't up to par.

In the time I've been with them, I've had around 30-40 tickets submitted. Tripod has resolved 1 and answered 2 (one with incorrect information). The rest were handled by myself and the existing support team I was looking to supplement. They have been slow and un-responsive. I'm unfortunately very unhappy with their service and will already be cancelling and requesting a refund. I had high hopes for them, but they did not deliver...
    Former owner of A Small Orange
    New owner of <COMING SOON>

Ut oh, this doesn't sound good. Have they given any reason for this? Have you contacted Roj? I think he's the head guy.

Roj was travelling earlier this week. I'm already decided on going with Touch Support (for other reasons than solely Tripod), and perhaps my situation doesn't represent Tripod as a whole. I'd suggest getting at least a few opinions on them if you can. I could always be an exceptional case.

Good job you did start this thread eh jml3188?

Andrew

Oh, ok. Well that is severly depressing. I guess if they have a money back guarantee I could always try them and as you said, you could just have been an exceptional case. That is very weird though.

Originally posted by NetHosted-Andrew
    Good job you did start this thread eh jml3188?

Andrew
    I don't get what you are saying. Yes, I did start the thread. I don't get your post though.

Originally posted by jml3188
    I don't get what you are saying. Yes, I did start the thread. I don't get your post though.
    You seemed unsure about posting this thread (you said about not normally posting a thread on pre-sales alone) and now you've heard about their service (granted only from one person!) that I guess you wouldn't have heard about if you hadn't of started the thread! Tis all I'm saying

Andrew

Oh, ok, I get what you are saying. It's been a long day!

Yea, well, atleast I'm finding some things out. There aren't many reviews about them that I could find so this helps somewhat. I still can't believe it though. Responding to only 2 tickets of over 30 just seems like something went terribly wrong with the configuration or something to me. I mean, I would atleast think they would give an explanation.

Lets hope some others have experiences they'll share as I'm hooked to this thread now hehe

Andrew

Hahaha, well, that "subscribe to thread?" button is too easy to click. It happens all the time to me.

Anyone else have experiences with Tripod Support?

Hi Tim:

I'm sorry you've been facing such issues. Please contact Shar (if you haven't done so already) at [email protected] who can help you with the problems you've been facing - especially with trouble tickets not being answered. If it's a problem it probably has to do with us not seeing them in your trouble ticket tool. Either way, please please inform us (as we haven't heard your complaint until now on this forum!).

I should mention that we aim to please all our customers - we have a growing client base (from those paying $35/month to over $2K/month) for our support services. We don't want to forget *anybody*.

Roj
    Web Hosting? Been there. Done that.
    I am niyogi.

Whoa! Is that true? You have not contacted them about the problem? If so, I don't really thinks it's totally their fault. I mean, one error in the setup of a help desk or something could have been the problem which could easily have been fixed. Of course, I don't know the specifics of why it happened, but I would have definately contacted them before moving. Glitches and human error are only natural...

I accept full responsibility for the possibility that trouble tickets were "overlooked" but would definitely like to discuss it over with Tim if possible. We'll gladly refund your money (even if it's *past* a month) since we do *not* want to take money for poor service on our part. My forum posting is a testament to that.

I feel utterly ashamed at the moment...will soon recover.

Roj
    I am niyogi.

Wow, see, that's the customer support I saw in the presales chat. Rarely do companies take that responsibility and then issue refunds from far in the past.

Well, atleast I know that if I go with this company, I will not have to pay for the service if it's not up to par.

With outsourcing customer service, your company's reputation is on the line. I can fully sympathize with a company that has trusted us with support issues and then experiences poor services. It's a moral responsibility to issue a refund then. It's an even bigger responsibility to make sure this doesn't occur in the first place.

Roj
    I am niyogi.

Well, good customer service I say. Even though it looks like there may have been some problems, I would feel okay because of the honesty.

timdorr: Be sure to let us know how if all works out.

This thread is great

Andrew

niyogi and tripod support are both great! i wouldnt mind outsourcing with them!

A somewhat small experience with them. Roj was absolutely terrific in getting us set up and it was a positive experience with pre-sales.

For support, things have been above par so far. Tickets have been responded to in a very timely manner, and the techs did a good job of working with the client to resolve the issues that have come up.

I've been using them for almost a month now so its still a little early. So far so good.

I got word from Roj this morning about the situation. And while I will still be leaving, it will be on amicable basis and not solely based on my experiences. My particular situation comes down to a simple miscommunication. I have made some suggestions to Roj as to how to avoid these problems in the future. I do believe I am an exceptional case, so I would ensure you're basing your opinion of Tripod on the experiences of many, not just my own.

Tim:

Thanks for the update on the situation - I'm eagerly awaiting your email (or phone call if you'd like to converse that way). I'm currently having a chat with Shar who is our Accounts Manager in India.

On the surface, it's ironic that it's possible that tickets were "overlooked" because so few are placed per day and while we were checking the site periodically, a more effective way would just for our team to be notified by email when a TT is placed. Apparently this was already suppose to be in place - but was not. This results in basically a majority of the tickets responded to!

Either way, Tim hoping to hear from you shortly!

Roj
    I am niyogi.