Need a mini DV camera supported by Premieire...

Hello, I am looking for a mini dv camera supported by Adobe Preimire Pro 1.5 and windows XP to capture video to my computer.

Thanks in advance..

My budget it $550 or less...thanks again.

Most all dv cameras will work with the software listed.

There are some cameras which support usb2, but most are firewire.

Yeah.. Most should be supported. I just see some on their site that are not. nevermind.

http://reviews.cnet.com/4502-6500_7-...1id=&500919id=

A list of good dv cameras , prices and ratings
    Money is the root of all evil. So if you don't want to go crazy, give it all to me

I just bought a dcr-hc20 sony handycam at circuit city along with 1394 firewire card. I am using windows XP home edition.

Computer: Dell Dimension 4550

I installed the firewire card about 30 minutes ago...and I didn't see any message popup saying anything about firewire card detected... so I went to control panel, add new hardware... it didn't find anything new so I went and looked at the list of possible hardware and it said something about a 1394 device so I went ahead and clicked it and 'installed it'... then it said device detected...

Now when I connected the sony handycam firewire to the computer... I didn't get any messages still.. I am trying to figure out if my firewire card was installed properly even though it said device detected.

Any suggestions? I tried using this program called WinDV to capture the video since preimire is not detecting the camera to capture from... the WinDV program gave an error too I don't know what else to do.. Can someone help me out. Thanks..

I have to make a movie for a friend by Monday and am running out of time. Have been having trouble since Friday

Okay... I just figured something out

Texas Instruments OHCI Complient IEEE 1394 Host controller has an exclamation mark next to it...

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

I figured out it is not the camera..should most likely be the firewire card...

Is there a reason it is not detecting? I am going to take card out and reconnect to make sure it is in right..

Can a moderator delete this thread. Thanks
    Orlando Magic--> 05-06 CHAMPS

Premiere 1.5? Doesnt support firewire... That wasnt introduced until Premiere 6.0. Premiere pro is out now.

Originally posted by alapo
    Premiere 1.5? Doesnt support firewire... That wasnt introduced until Premiere 6.0. Premiere pro is out now.
    Adobe's website calls it Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5

I would recommend a BenQ camera. They are really cheap, but high quality. You should do a compare on them on amazon or cnet.
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli

I got the Sony handycam already..thanks for replies.