i have setup a dns nameserver on my windows system with ensim on it. but i dont know if i did it correctly. What i've done to setup the dns is as follows:
I requested 2 additional IP's from my server company. In total i have 3 IP's one is the main IP that Ensim uses.
I registered NS1 and NS2.MYDOMAIN.COM to point to the two IP's at my domain registrar
Then i created a IP based site for mydomain.com for one of the second IP's and then after that i created two A records for NS1 and NS2 .mydomain.com and pointed it to the two IP's. I also created NS records for the two nameservers.
I then went to network properties control panel in Windows, clicked on the properties for my network connection and then viewed properties on TCP/IP and then added the two extra IP's in the list to BIND it.
I then created a virtual name server as the secondary server for the second IP by following Ensim's intructions and editing the named.conf file.
Then i pointed a domain to point to my nameserver ns1.mydomain.com to test if it works, and it seems to be working because i seem to get the site displayed.
However, i donnt know if i did it correctly because when i try to query NS1.MYDOMAIN.COM using a DNS Lookup tool i keep getting timeout errors.
i've given it over 24hrs but the thing is all the domains that are pointing to ns1.mydomain.com seem to be working but when i try to query ns1.mydomain.com using a dns lookup tool it just keeps timing out, i dont know if i did something wrong or not